WOLF

clem

Guest challenge
Hiya Challenge, Yes it has been a breeze of wind and judging by the chaos and tragedy it has caused I rest my case.

I hope you tied it down first. :clap2::clap2:

Guest challenge
Strange to see how this effected a lot of the country yet we only got a moderately fresh wind. I saw the other night they issued a flash weather warning - Why ????? because it was going to be minus 1 in Eastern Scotland.

When did we only get a moderately fresh wind?

We have had plenty of wind here glen, it’s just that the way the wind was we don’t feel it the same as we would a wind off the sea.

As I said before you only had to look out to sea to see the wind that there has been.

Trees and wagons blown over all over the north of Yorkshire and high winds at sea.

There was plenty of wind again last night. You should have a talk with some of the lads who managed to brave a bit of the weather this week at sea. Rather that predicting what the weather has been like from your kitchen window or snuggled up underneath the cliff somewhere.

Regards.

The point I am trying to make lads is that these warning are beeen given out willynilly on an almost daily basis there was anotrher one on news 24 this morning-windy there has been the -1 warning. Thursdays warning was the only one I feel was warrented in months .If I was a Scot and I cacelled a haggis party cause of a -1 SEVERE WEATHER WARNING im going to look a right plonker.

Guest challenge

Clem.

Forecasts are only just that. If a forecaster predicts that there are going to have weather that comes into there category of a weather warning then they are bound to put it out.

Forecasts are there to be read and for us to make our own judgements from there forecasts.

When getting forecasts for going to sea, we would often read several different forecasts to try and make our own prediction of what the weather was going to be like and where.

We have had some severe winds here (Whitby) in the last week or so. The first thing I would recommend is for somebody to know exactly what the weather is like when they are actually experiencing that weather.

How somebody can actually criticize wind when they don’t know when or how it is blowing is beyond me.

Guest challenge

So what’s the weather like today in your part of the world?

No server wind warning out for Whitby, but the weather is crap and the fleet is safely tied up to the quay waiting on weather.

Regards.

Guest challenge

It looks as if you’re going to have to pay if you want a good forecast.

Read this today in FN

Skippers Kevin and Fred west were quick to acknowledge the major contribution to the record breaking trip made by the oceans weather net systems recently fitted to ryanwood and Castlewood.

“The information received by the systems and updated every six hours through the satellites phones proved invaluable to both fishing efficiency and crew safety throughout there resent trip.

“the information received, both in the form of isobars and digital predictions of wind speed and direction at various time intervals, is extremely reliable and accurate to within an hour.” by monitoring the predicted wind speeds and directions closely we could predict with confidence the way and the strength of the weather and when it would hit us”

They go on to say that on several occasions they new just when to haul the gear between the strong weather fronts that they where experiencing during there trip.

They had a trip that was dogged with bad weather, but they said if they would have listened to the forecast at home waiting for fine weather they would of never have gone.

They (the fraserburgh pair team) went on to set a new pair-seine record grossing of £118,700 from 1448 boxes.