WD40 on Lures?

SpenBeck

Does anybody in the fishing industry make any fish/oil based sprays (safe to the environment) to coat lures with?

More common in the US than in the UK but yes, there are lots of them on the market. Go to www.basspro.com or www.cabelas.com and look around.

You can Click Here for a good article on fish attractant oils. One interesting tidbit from that article (and no, I have no idea exactly where the author got the data)

On a scale of one to 10 (with 10 being the most sensitive sense of smell) here are some examples of common gamefish:

9-10-- Catfish and Shark

7-8 -- Carp

6-7 -- Salmon and Trout

5 -- Bass and Walleye (zander)

1-2 -- Pike and Muskie

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

More common in the US than in the UK but yes, there are lots of them on the market. Go to www.basspro.com or www.cabelas.com and look around.

You can Click Here for a good article on fish attractant oils. One interesting tidbit from that article (and no, I have no idea exactly where the author got the data)

Thanks Newt, I'm gonna go searching your links and see what I can find!

regards, SpenBeck