Sharks off a Yak

Clouser

Excellent fishing.

Dont be too sad about them dying Dave, they are eaten like we eat Cod and Bass. They are a magnificant animal and it is sad to see them stiff but our American cousins will not waste an ounce of meat from them. YUM

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Have had Shark steak myself.....simmilar to Swordfish i thought....very nice it was too.

I hadn't thought of them eating it for some reason....just saw the dead fish pics,....it does throw a different light on it.

Dave

First one looks like a male to me. Bigeye thresher. Alopius Superciliosus. the Thresher found off the UK is Alopius Vulpinus. Some shark tastes fantastic, some is like old socks laced with silver polish. I recommend sandtiger (Odontaspis Taurus / Eugomphodus Taurus / Carcharius Taurus) as eating fish, but don't reccomend killing it as it's protected in some countries and rightly so.

I want a shark off the yak. Now.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

First one looks like a male to me. Bigeye thresher. Alopius Superciliosus. the Thresher found off the UK is Alopius Vulpinus. Some shark tastes fantastic, some is like old socks laced with silver polish. I recommend sandtiger (Odontaspis Taurus / Eugomphodus Taurus / Carcharius Taurus) as eating fish, but don't reccomend killing it as it's protected in some countries and rightly so.

I want a shark off the yak. Now.

Porbeagles in May sound any good ?

They make tope look as exciting as dogfish - or so I'm warned !

I really hope so .....

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Phooey - May is a bit early, you need to go to Bude in August for porgie - plenty in the 80 - 150lb range.

The Spanish trip might yield a blue though..........!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Phooey - May is a bit early, you need to go to Bude in August for porgie - plenty in the 80 - 150lb range.

The Spanish trip might yield a blue though..........!

Richi and I were lamenting the abscence of fish yesterday when the conversation turned as usual to catching BIG FISH, and it was Zzippys BLUE off Durley rocks and the prospect of Tope round there ( Richi had a couple last year - just little ones but you know what they say...).

Just revisited the original thread and remembered how it LIT THE BOARD UP !

Anyway it was in early May, and if the baitfish are in the predators won't be far away.

So we're going to have a weekend or two down there livebaiting as soon as the macky shoals arrive.

I can't wait :P

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard