Black Tarr, River Cleddau

richardlawrence

Did you try trolling down Beggars Reach on the field side of the river?

Hi Tom,

Yes we trolled and fished most of the way back up river from the Burton jetty. The water was very muddy though with visibility less than a foot. You literally couldn't see the lure till it was at the surface. We tried jointed plugs, poppers, noisy divers the lot just to make as much disturbance / vibration as possible but not a sniff.

At the end of the day it was great just to have a good paddle and explore the river a bit.

Rich.

Make me jealous why don't you, Black Tarr is a couple of hundred yards away from where I stay at Llangwm Ferry. Beatiful scenery as always.

Allo H

Next time your down you can play host and we'll launch from Blck Tar :thumbs: I've only ever launched from there with the boat and never gave it a thought for the kayak, nearest I've launched is lawrenny which is a bit further away from there. Will defo have a launch from there in the near future.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Would be a brilliant place to spin if the water was more clear :thumbs:

We could have some good meets with all of us

GB, TPW, Rich L, Woot, me etc

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I've fished from the bottom of the garden a few times and only had school bass, one of the neighbours, out on his yacht , had a 6lb bass last year , just out in the main drag off black tar. He rang me specially to tell me so. Git.