Crisis at Lefnoll Beach, Loch Ryan....

rodbender

Many of you who fish Loch Ryan,near Stranraer, will be familiar with Lefnoll Beach, on the eastern side of the loch, adjacent to the Cairnryan Ferry Terminal.

This beach is renowned for its consistent catches of mainly dogfish, and its suitability as a venue for matches.

P&O have recently unveiled plans to extend the ferry terminal, and exploratory drilling has already started. Lefnoll will be lost to this expansion.

I believe few oppose these plans as it means valuable jobs for the area.

Local clubs have however been in dialogue with Ferry officials to advise them of the importance of angling for the area in terms of revenue, and the impact that Lefnoll's loss may have on this.

As a result, it has been suggested that some consessions may be given for anglers, perhaps in the form of a special walkway to give anglers access to the fishing ground.

This will obviously be influenced by public reaction.I would therefore ask any individual, group,or club to write and voice your desire for fishing at Lefnoll to continue.You can write to ;

Eric McLean

The Sports Shop

86, George Street

Stranraer,

DG9 7JS

I would repeat that THIS IS NOT AN OPPOSITION TO THE PLANS FOR EXTENSION, merely an attempt to ensure anglers are taken into account.

Thank You

rodbender:

Many of you who fish Loch Ryan,near Stranraer, will be familiar with Lefnoll Beach, on the eastern side of the loch, adjacent to the Cairnryan Ferry Terminal.

This beach is renowned for its consistent catches of mainly dogfish, and its suitability as a venue for matches.

P&O have recently unveiled plans to extend the ferry terminal, and exploratory drilling has already started. Lefnoll will be lost to this expansion.

I believe few oppose these plans as it means valuable jobs for the area.

Local clubs have however been in dialogue with Ferry officials to advise them of the importance of angling for the area in terms of revenue, and the impact that Lefnoll's loss may have on this.

As a result, it has been suggested that some consessions may be given for anglers, perhaps in the form of a special walkway to give anglers access to the fishing ground.

This will obviously be influenced by public reaction.I would therefore ask any individual, group,or club to write and voice your desire for fishing at Lefnoll to continue.You can write to ;

Eric McLean

The Sports Shop

86, George Street

Stranraer,

DG9 7JS

I would repeat that THIS IS NOT AN OPPOSITION TO THE PLANS FOR EXTENSION, merely an attempt to ensure anglers are taken into account.

Thank You

:cool: Seems very reasonable and only fair. :D