best place to find barbel in the north east?

comradpoplin

Comrad

I would have thought the free stretches of the River Wear in Durham would be your best bet I believe the bit by the swimming pool and By Pelan Leazes would be your best bet.

I've not fished the Wear for years so speak to someone like I D Tackle or Frasers in Gateshead and they should be more specific with the information.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi there,

You could do alot worse than joining Durham City Angling Club,best river fishing in the country in my opinion.Possibilites of huge Roach(I personally watched a guy land one well over 2lb last week,it was an unbelievable size),record breaking Dace,double figure Barbel,stacks of Chub to 6lb+,Perch 3lb+,double figure Pike,Bream,Grayling and oodles of big fat Gudgeon.(nice Trout too)

The free section in the city centre is a hotspot throughout winter(get there early,before 6).My last 3 sessions all gave over 20lb Roach,Dace,Chub and Gudgeon but capable of alot more if your really going at it.(I have the odd coffee,sarnie n stretch meself)

http://durhamanglers.co.uk/

Steve

Guest Brumagem Phil
title says it all i live in newcastle and would love a chance to get at some good barbel but were do i go?

You could try your local river, but failing that I hear you northern folk batter em like you do mars bars so you could try your local chippy :thumbs: