It's Beginning :-)

Leon Roskilly

Seems that all that letter writing and emailing continues to pay dividends, even if some of the replies appear to be patronising brush-offs.

When an MP gets a letter from an angler, and asks a question from a DEFRA official, someone has to do some research.

And when the minister asks why no one has dug out the figures he's looking for, and is told that everyone is answering MP's questions about *&^&^* angling issues, the penny begins to drop :-)

Keep it up :-))

Tight Lines - Leon Roskilly

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/sacn

In a message dated 2/11/03 4:03:37 pm GMT Standard Time, eaa.aepl@skynet.be writes:

Subj:Some positives

Date:2/11/03 4:03:37 pm GMT Standard Time

Dear all,

I just wanted to tell you that during my attempt to raise 15-20.000 euro to engage NAUTILUS (UK research institute) to make a project description of the socio-economic study EAA and EFTTA has requested under the 6th Research Program (cost ca. 2 mill euro) I have come across quite a few scientists and national administrators in different countries.

They all tell me that awareness and initiatives on the angling front have gone up lately.

I am sure this is due to intensive lobbying from all of us.

I feel that both anglers and the "angling surrounding environment" are more active than ever.

National administrations, scientists and researchers seems very responsive and open for us right now.

So please take the advantage and keep up the good lobbying work! This might also help me to succeed in granting the money for the socio eco project description in the end :-)

Jan Kappel

Jan Kappel, Secretary-General, EAA

European Anglers´ Alliance, EAA

42 Rue du Parnasse

B-1050 Brussels

Belgium

Tel/Fax:+32 (0)2 732 0309

E-mail : eaa.aepl@skynet.be

Web: www.eaa-europe.org

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust