Bivvy dweller's insight .....

AThong

How about a TFG Force 8 Bivvy as it can be put up in 20 seconds with practice and has an integral groundsheet! I've been told by owners of them that they have found no problems when using them in gale force winds!(very sturdy) :thumbs:

OI OI,

My point is the same as your's iv'e seen the one man bivvy & there is loads of room in them & less than £100 if you shop around.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Thanks for the tip oldfella.

OI OI,

My point is the same as your's iv'e seen the one man bivvy & there is loads of room in them & less than £100 if you shop around.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

EXcellent ... will check up on that... thanks !

andrew

thongy

Bite alarms, carp rods, baitrunners, and braid. Great for big bass on beach. I'm bringing my sofa next .....

• 3 weeks later...

Waste of time trying to peg anything down in shingle.I would have thought the answer was one of the models with a built in ground sheet.The weight of the gear inside would then hold it down.Dont try a Gardner Pop Up bivvy as the wind will just flatten it.

We used to take spare empty buckets and heavy duty plastic bags which we filled with shingle to use as weights and anchor points.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Go to your mountaineering shop, they must have tents there, we use one this side called a force 10, nothing to do with wind, but it is a tent with buit in ground sheet, solid aluminium poles. they can take anything mother nature throws at them, quick and easy to put up, the pegs are also of a special design, thicker than normal and have riges on to grip in the ground.

Roger

Hi There

I use the tf force 8 One man, got it for xmas. Very easy to put up even in the dark. I used it on a fishing trip at the end of febuary in the middle of Exmoor, the bivvy took a really pounding but did me proud. Well worth the £99 squid. The one man version is a bit cramped but as i tend to travel light it was perfect.

STC :thumbs:

{November 2008 Editor's Note: to view beach buddies for sale, please click here}

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!