Pike Gloves

Elton

Given the same gloves (got mine directly from Chico Winterton) a good try this season and can definately reccomend them.First glove in all these years that I have been happy to both use and reccomend.

Agreed and Chico is a first class guy to do business with :clap2:

Send him a pm, you will NOT be disappointed with these gloves :thumbs:

Alan.

I'm glad you like the look of them Peter. Chico started importing them, and selling them privately I think he still has some pairs left: http://chicoslures.blogspot.com/

It's true you can get away without gloves, but if you're catching lots of pike in the 4-8lb bracket, then your knuckles are going to suffer at some point. That's assuming you hold onto the fish when it thrashes, rather than dropping it.

These gloves are great for chinning pike straight out of the water, you can do the job quickly without having to avoid the backs of your fingers getting wedged between the gill cover and first raker. Best of all, when you slip the fish back, your finger never snags on the raker, so you don't have to mess about trying to extract your finger without mincing it.

I have been cut but that was in my early days of pike fishing....no one told me about the teeth/spines at the back near the gill rakers, I was more bothered about avoiding the business end (mouth)!

I suppose if I could find a glove that was thin enough without compromising feel then I may give it a go.