small lakes

carphead07

hello there fishermen

this weekend i am going fishing for the first time this year and im fishing in a failey small lake it has carp up to 15lb in there and i was wondering the best method and bait i should use for catching

thnks all

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

Hi Mike

Do you know any thing about the fishery?

Interms of features?

What the carp like to eat?

Has it been fishing well this year?

The reason i ask these questions as these would help you answer the question as to how to fish it.

If i was gunna fish it, and this is my view i would use a small method feeder, i find the small korda ones the best as they are weighted.

I would use a method mix of Vitalin dog food (the orginal), hemp, sweetcorn, may be pellet (prob halibult pellet say 5mm) and oh so fishy whiskers cat food and a additive of some kind.

I would fish an artifical sweet corn and a piece of maize on a hair rig

The first thing i would do in the morning or when ever you get there is have a good look around the lake and see if any fish are showing or if you can see any activity.

A good tip I have found on fishing small lakes is to target the section of the lake that is the hardest to get at from a fishing point of view. On small lakes and i have fished many, the fish seem to know where it is safe to hold up. Target these areas and the fish will be yours for the taking.

Hope this helps

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

thynks smalltincup tht will help alot i happen to no tht last summer there was a lot of good fish being caught the lake record is 26lb the carp like to eat bread and sweetcorn as well as lunchen meat and pellets theres no ground bait other than natruals

there a few island in the middle of the lake and is fished heavliy. and yes the lake has been fishing well this year.

thnks smalltincup

i think this might be a little late but i read in the crafty carper a few weeks ago that if u fish in a small lake with that kind of fish u should mix in allot of somethink milky like ricepudding or cocconutmilk as this gives you a big white cloud in the water and it attracks allot of fish.i have tried it and it worked for me. although the lake i was on is probably the easiest lake in the world

Jo

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

thnks big jo

can you tell me what fish the rice pudding or coconut milk attracts

thnks mike finlay

p.s the lake contains carp, bream, tench, roach etc.

The lake that i tried this method on has only got carp.between me and my frien we had 21 carp biggest being 12lb and smallest was 5lb.

Hope it works for you

Jo

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

helo again jo

the lake worked rly well for i forgot 2 try your method but i still cought my record fish im very proud

thnks

tight lines

mike finlay