South West Sea Kayaking

Mark Rainsley

Yeah GB you're right, just poking the hornets nest to see if anything nasty comes out, clearly not! Like you say our particular community is somewhat different to the beach paddler. I just hate being type cast as a newbie just because I ride a SOT. I was probably sea kayaking before the lad was born, both in sea kayaks and SOT's and have seen many changes (holds stones out in hand for grasshopper to snatch ha ha) I think you actually progress from the sight-seeing SIS yaks to the bespoke fishing yaks we all spend so much time setting up for the task in hand and consider them very safe (don't break up against rocks and can jump off / on with ease without fear of becoming trapped in an upside down SIS)

I could tell by his reaction though that the guy has no malice and it seems his intents are good so I wish him well with the book and his future travels :thumbs:

SDD~~~ :sun:

All beyond my simple comprehension as usuall Dave :crazy: I aint clever enough to work it out. There certainly aint no malice as I have enjoyed reading the ukrgb site for nearly a year now and never picked up on any bad vibes.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All beyond my simple comprehension as usuall Dave :crazy: I aint clever enough to work it out. There certainly aint no malice as I have enjoyed reading the ukrgb site for nearly a year now and never picked up on any bad vibes.

:clap: I don't normally take part in forums, but must congratulate David on his articulate reply to the said blog . Who do they think they are ,we are all in this for one thing and thats enjoyment.Did fire me up a bit when I read it ,again wll done david for fighting the SOT's poor folks corner.

:clap: I don't normally take part in forums, but must congratulate David on his articulate reply to the said blog . Who do they think they are ,we are all in this for one thing and thats enjoyment.Did fire me up a bit when I read it ,again wll done david for fighting the SOT's poor folks corner.

[/quote

Cheers grego :thumbs: Don't mean the guy any harm at all, it was just that piece of article that I didn't like "they" may become one of "us" or the like as if it were moving to a higher level or something. Perhaps that was not the intention as GB pointed out!. I was a bit fired up as well by the way it was written as it seemed to me to imply that SOT users were all novice paddlers calling out the lifeboat every time the tide changed ha ha. Again may I say though the chap laughed it off as was the intent so good luck to him and his book.

All the best

SDD~~~ :sun:

Edited by SeaDooDavid

yeah but no but .....the way I see it is when you knock off work as the assistant council title search clerk and heave your big fat arse and a ton of gear bristling from a red milk crate into a short lurid purple plastic barge and you make your ungainly way through some short sharp chop and then a racing snake in a long lean pewter carbon/kevlar craft that resembles a luminiscent sailfish effortlessy slides past you leaving no wake.....what are ya going to think?

I come from a country blessed by having notionally no class distinctions, but I do know a silk purse from a sows ear and if there is a ladder of kayaking consciousness the average yak fisho is probably a shade higher than a blind mole rat, but the very best thing about that is -

HE DOESN"T CARE!!!!

:):):)

gawd bless em all......

Havent chuckled so long for ages dave :thumbs: Can get pretty boring these forums without a bit of prodding

Yeah only having a bit of fun Martin :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The guy had the upper hand on me there by being cool at first but blew it at the last moment ha ha!

With age cometh wisdom (and wrinkles :wheelchair: )

You coming up mate?? :)

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

The guy had the upper hand on me there by being cool at first but blew it at the last moment ha ha!

get your hand off it seapoo! back to the council titles office for you mate.

:D:D:D