help please!

hussaruk

Hi all,

Ive just discovered kayak fishing and want some of the action but have a few questions. I hope someone can help! firstly i live in llanelli in south wales (luckily 50 metres from the beach!!) does anyone know of any good areas around here for kayak fishing? secondly should i go on a kayaking course? i have kayaked before when i was in the army and did both sea and rivers etc..but i feel a bit worried about the dangers involved with the sea.and finally im thinking of getting a tarpon 120 but this is just because i saw a review of it..are these any good? Id really like one that will fit in the back of my swb transit van. I hope im not asking too many questions!

thanks

ollie

Hi all,

Ive just discovered kayak fishing and want some of the action but have a few questions. I hope someone can help! firstly i live in llanelli in south wales (luckily 50 metres from the beach!!) does anyone know of any good areas around here for kayak fishing? secondly should i go on a kayaking course? i have kayaked before when i was in the army and did both sea and rivers etc..but i feel a bit worried about the dangers involved with the sea.and finally im thinking of getting a tarpon 120 but this is just because i saw a review of it..are these any good? Id really like one that will fit in the back of my swb transit van. I hope im not asking too many questions!

thanks

ollie

Welcome!

I live in Llansaint, Kidwelly! not too far from you. I have a Prowler 13 and your welcome to give it a go before you purchase a kayak. The Tarpons have very good build quality but may not be the ideal kayak for you. The kayak you will need depends on how far you want to go out and your build and fitness etc.

There are lots of good places around the area, especially for Flounder and Bass! I tend to go to Pembrokeshire most of the time but will be going out St Ishmaels.

Have a read on http://tinyurl.com/yvpe5c and read up on the safety aspects with sea kayaking

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Welcome!

I live in Llansaint, Kidwelly! not too far from you. I have a Prowler 13 and your welcome to give it a go before you purchase a kayak. The Tarpons have very good build quality but may not be the ideal kayak for you. The kayak you will need depends on how far you want to go out and your build and fitness etc.

There are lots of good places around the area, especially for Flounder and Bass! I tend to go to Pembrokeshire most of the time but will be going out St Ishmaels.

Have a read on http://tinyurl.com/yvpe5c and read up on the safety aspects with sea kayaking

thanks! id love to try it out..that would be great..im currently laid up with a broken ankle so i cant get around for about 4 more weeks! im currently not at my fittest..i gave up smoking 14 months ago and put on 3 stone! but i used to be really fit and when my ankles better im going to be back out running! I live at north dock llanelli and i see kayak courses all the time on the harbour im thinking of going on one.

It would be great to meet up with someone with experience! ill give you my email....

Cool, I have saved your e-mail address. Delete it from post otherwise yo will be spammed like hell.

After 25 posts you will be able to PM people.

Will send you a test e-mail now.

stu

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Cool, I have saved your e-mail address. Delete it from post otherwise yo will be spammed like hell.

After 25 posts you will be able to PM people.

Will send you a test e-mail now.

stu

hi stu

:yucky:

I have a Holiday home in Dale and just got my self a Prowler 15.I will be spending a lot of time down there this year and was wondering if I could join you from time to time. I will give you my email address if ok. Were do you launch from in Tish. I know one very good spot around that area for bass. I am willing to share it with you.

Not sure if you replied to me before. :D

bobboy

Prowler 15 elite (Flame)

C-Tug

We can all go fishing. The locals are:

GB, Rich L, TPW and me!

Sorry if I missed anyone out :headhurt:

GB is the key to good fishing me thinks :)

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Hi all,

thanks

ollie

ok, why hussar uk??????????????? :thumbs:

post-6361-1174334804_thumb.jpg

GB is the key to good fishing me thinks :)

GB is the key only to good marks (I have many freinds who share info). Good anglers are the key to good fishing so it's down to you lot.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I