tips on fishig for carp at night?

ciaran

That is a good question.

I would arrive in the daytime to see the lay of the land, lay your camp out well, so that you know where everything is. Plan where you are going to land the fish and so on.

i would use a head lamp, you get some nice ones these days with a red led, this you can use when landing the fish and switch over to the white light if nessary.

use a good set of alarms, make sure your bait runners are set poperly, you could wake up to find your rods gone.

The other posts have said a lot.

There nothing like a cuppa at 3am, so yes something to make hot water.

Roger

Being organised is the key.

Before the light fails make sure all your stuff and swim are tidied up and everything you need is put somewhere you can easily find it in the dark.Keeping the same routine really pays dividends the more you go.

Even the warmest of days can have freezing cold nights so as said make sure you are warm.

On the subject of keeping warm.I always use two sleeping bags.One laid out to lay on and the other laid over over me quilt style.Much easier to get to your rods than getting in a bag! On the subject of sleeping.When I go night fishing I go to fish not go to sleep!! Yes I doze and catnap but I never get into my bag and go to sleep!! Buzzers are to alert you to some action not wake you up!! Get the mind set right and you will not miss runs/sleep through runs/wake up to find tethered fish etc etc like I see so many doing these days. If tired you can easily wind in during a quiet time in the day and get a proper sleep.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I agree with Budgie there, sleep in the quiet periods, when i go fishing at night its very rare that I do actually go to sleep, i doze. If i decide to sleep and in the middle of winter say december and all hell is breaking lose you are probably not gunna get to many bites so i reel in and get a couple of hours other than that I stay pretty much awake.

Sleep ing bags can be a really pain in the butt to get out of, also bivvies can be a hasle esp. if you have a double skin or a mossy net in the way. I take stock of the situation and decide what is best at the time. Like Budgie i use to sleeping bags or take a duvet.

The most imnportant thing for me and night fishing is being able to get to the rods just as quick as you can through the day. There is no point getting everything sorted and then not being able to get to your rods because you cant find your headlamp (which i wear all the way through the night) or you are looking for the other boot, buy then you have either lost the fish or your rods are now circling around the lake.

STC :thumbs:

Edited by smalltincup
It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!