Bite Alarms

Hi one and all

After my successful fishing trip in Feb where I landed a 24 lb leather :showoff: (sorry had to put that in)

Any road the down side of my last trip out was that two of my three alarms gave up the ghost, one was a maver T115, and the other was a Ron Timpsom. Now i have decided as i do not do a great amount of carping (only 3 times a year as i have a young family, a 11 month old daughter and a 8 yr old step son) to change down to a two rod set up. For a couple of reasons, one i want to get another wychwood rage rod and reel and second if i can not catch on two rods i probably aint gunna do much better on three. ;)

I am looking of for a pair of bite alarms that are waterproof/weatherproof, not to concerned about LED colour, but blue would be nice (I like blue). They do not have to have remote capabilities as i do not need them for that. I was thinking about spending somewhere in the region of £20-£25 squid. Ihave been looking about and have found some interesting deals on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Now the problem is i am not really sure what I am looking at, yep they look ok and they are well inside my budget but are they any good??

I have also been looking at the wychwood rage alarms: these i would assume are better or is it just the name??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-2-WYCHWOOD...1QQcmdZViewItem

So what i need is a bit of help on what type of bite alarms i could buy??

Any help would be great.

Thanks alot.

STC :thumbs:

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

reply from babybaz.........................................ive been fishing on a tight budget over the last five years,the alarms that i use are the fox micron mx.these retail for 39 quid but im sure you could get them cheaper or look for second hand ones.they are digital have blue l.e.d,s and are extremely reliable.mine have never let me down!

Just ordered myself a set og the new TFG F8 remote which I'm assured will be with me within a week. If they are OK I will keep them and therefore be looking to sell my two Fox Micron ES alarms (only 18 months old), both have protective hard case and I think I still have the original boxes. How's £50 + £5 carriage (next day courier) sound? PM me if interested.

Cheers - Phil

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Regulars will be fed up with my repeated recommendations of the Good Fishing alarms that I've been using for years. These are ultra-reliable and British. What's more they're available post free direct from the manufacturer - just look at the prices! And you get discounts if you buy more than one!

For instance a pair of GFx alarms will cost you £30.51 post free. These are available with a wide range of LEDs including an ultra-bright blue. A pair of cases are £7.80 if you want them. All you then need are standard 9 volt batteries.

Go to http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/bitealarm.html

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi Guys

Cheers for the advice

Phil: £50 squid is a little outside my price range i am afraid but thanks for the offer.

Steve: have had a look at those alarms and they look good, still checking one or to other places but i may well become a convert.

Pete: thanks for the postive feedbackon the alarms.

Cheers Guys

STC :thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Guys

Have ordered two bite alarms with matching bobbins, can not wait to try them out,.

Cheers guys :clap2::clap2:

Hi Guys

Have ordered two bite alarms with matching bobbins, can not wait to try them out,.

Cheers guys :clap2::clap2:

These are supposed to be very good value. I stored the link last year in case I ever needed any spares.

http://www.goodfishing.i12.com/gfvalarm.htm

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Guys

Cheers for the advice

Phil: £50 squid is a little outside my price range i am afraid but thanks for the offer.

Steve: have had a look at those alarms and they look good, still checking one or to other places but i may well become a convert.

Pete: thanks for the postive feedbackon the alarms.

Cheers Guys

STC :thumbs::thumbs:

No worries mate, quite frankly they're worth more than that to me as back-ups to my new set anyway. Any less and it aint worth me letting them go.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

well me bite alarms turned up today, they look great, have had a quick play and can`t wait to give them a good road test. Cheers for all the advice. The next trip out for me is the end of the month. can not wait

Cheers

STC :clap2::clap2: