Tidal Lynher

manick

Hi all,

I'm a coarse fisherman, but moved to Cornwall a couple of years, I'm now looking into starting having a crack at sea fishing. At the bottom of my road I've got Forder creek that feeds into the River Lynher and so into the Tamar (all are tidal obviously!!). I recently drove past a part of the creek and noticed a fish striking at a shed load of whitebait and wouldn't mind having a crack at whatever it was (I'm assuming it was Bass). I'm interested in fishing for Bass and Mullet. My questions are these:

Does anyone know the area around Forder Creek /Lynher and where can I fish, is there anywhere I can't ???

Would spinning for the Bass be any good?? and float fishing with bread for Mullet?

Would you eat the fish out of the Lynher/the Tamar???

Many thanks

Nick

Welcome to anglers net manick,

dont know the area but lure fishing for bass is a good idea & very light bread float fishing is certainly the way for mullet, ground bait em too.

tight lines

zig

Hi all,

I'm a coarse fisherman, but moved to Cornwall a couple of years, I'm now looking into starting having a crack at sea fishing. At the bottom of my road I've got Forder creek that feeds into the River Lynher and so into the Tamar (all are tidal obviously!!). I recently drove past a part of the creek and noticed a fish striking at a shed load of whitebait and wouldn't mind having a crack at whatever it was (I'm assuming it was Bass). I'm interested in fishing for Bass and Mullet. My questions are these:

Does anyone know the area around Forder Creek /Lynher and where can I fish, is there anywhere I can't ???

Would spinning for the Bass be any good?? and float fishing with bread for Mullet?

Would you eat the fish out of the Lynher/the Tamar???

Many thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

The striking fish could just as easily be Salmon or sea trout! You can spin for either with success. Fly fishing is also an option, of course if you've the tackle. I've never fished either of the rivers you mention, but they both hold game fish, and one assumes that the river is therefore fairly clean, especially in the tidal areas.

There may well be restrictions governing the tidal areas, you may well need a game fishing license, check! The fines for fishing without are huge! There may also be a catch and release policy for all or part of the year. You can put your questions to the Environment Agency if you can't find out locally. Try the local tackle shops...they're bound to know.

Tight Lines...Moggy

Edited by Moggy