Please sign my petition

thedogs

Well Sam, It is with great pleasure that I can say I've signed up to the petition, clear concise and to the point, nice one :)

Also thank you for having the guts to admit to who you really are, like we didn't know ;)

Now please PM Newt Elton etc, and get them to unblock your account and lets stop the stupid bleddy charade about you being suspended!

Regards - not your number one fan!! :D

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Sea angling has moved onto dangerous ground now the politicians have started listen to those who apparently represent them. I feel personally that although paying lip service to sea angling reps all the government have heard is pound signs.

This week a major commercial fishing company has been nicked for black fish sales. The reason fishermen have to land more fish than their quota allows is that the quota is to low for the fishermen to earn a good wage. The reason that quotas are set so low is that due to over fishing the fishery can not sustain much pressure.

Commercial fishermen were given licences for their boats free of charge, or to put it another way you and me paid for them out of our taxes. The licence works on a point’s system that’s worked out by horsepower of engine and length of vessel.

So lets reflect, its highly likely that sea anglers are to be charged a licence fee to fish a fishery that has been badly managed for 35 years.

I pay a licence to the E/A so I can fish my local rivers for perch, which I willingly pay .For my money I get well-kept and stocked rivers.

We cant say that for our sea angling, we are getting the sloppy seconds from the commercial fleet when it comes to species’ like cod, bass and in some areas even non table fish like wrasse are being targeted for pot bait!

DEFRA have been given by organisations like BASS the economic and scientific arguments and have chosen to ignore them. They have seen the potential revenue to be gained from sea anglers and have developed a 20-year plan. A 20-year plan will be useless in many areas as they are virtually baron already! As for a strategy designed to preach to us how and where we fish well I say they can poke it!

:wallbash:

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

There is anouther petition regarding the sea angling licence issue. The other petition is to have the licence issue completly removed from the marine bill.

Mty petition is not to concider the licence issue or a sea angling stratergy with out first providing more and bigger fish.

Our sea fisheries have been so badly managed for the last 35 years that I do not trust DEFRA to provide more and bigger fish before they load a licence fee on us, so my petition is to let them know anglers need to see results first.

• 1 month later...

I am not totally against a licence but I am totally against another stealth tax.

I want vast changes to the inshore activities of commercial fishermen first.

Sea angling is almost worth the same as commercial fishing if you deduct the amount that shellfish is worth.

So why are we not catered for? Why do the government talk of sea angling licences and strategies? Well I will tell you, it because the worth of sea angling has been bought to the government’s attention by a few well-intended dedicated anglers who are trying to change things for the better. In trying to change things they have in inadvertedly educated the government on how much money they could procedictably gain from us without really giving us anything for that money!

Make sensible changes to in inshore commercial effort and stocks of fish like bass would soon recover from the present situation of zillions of very small fish to a balanced fishery with fish right through the size spectrem.

If this was done then sea angling would become a more valuble product and I think most angler would not mind paying for a lisence.