River Chelm

Myster

hi does anyone know if you can fish in the river chelm in chelmsford, essex ??? thanks

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the town centre section is dayticket, can't say I've ever really felt like fishing it though!

I'd suggest getting down there after June 16th and asking around if theres anyone fishing.

Mat

Mat

thankyou lol that bad is it ???

Myster,

As you may be able to tell by the name, I fish the Chelmer regularly. Some of the town stretches (away form the very centre of town) are actually quite good. Further down, out in the sticks, the fishing can be excellent. There's 11 miles of fishing between Chelmsford and Maldon with some nice little weirpools on the way. I believe the fishing from next season onwards will be controlled by Maldon AS in conjuction with the Chelmsford AA. Day tickets will be available from the bank. It can often by extremely weedy in the summer, and usually fishes better from Autumn onwards. There are some huge bream and chub, and some good roach / tench. The carp can go pretty large too. The winter piking / perch fishing can be excellent. I am happy that people like Mat don't rate it - gives me a better choice of swims!

Oh great thats just a train journey away is there a tackle shop in chelmsford paul ??? thanks for your help :thumbs:

Myster,

I am happy that people like Mat don't rate it - gives me a better choice of swims!

Oh I like the more remote parts, just wouldn't fancy fishing the centre of chelmsford no matter whats in there! I had some really nice days at Ricketts lock when I was a MAS member, but the OP would be hard pushed to get there on public transport!

Mat

Mat

Oh I like the more remote parts, just wouldn't fancy fishing the centre of chelmsford no matter whats in there! I had some really nice days at Ricketts lock when I was a MAS member, but the OP would be hard pushed to get there on public transport!

Mat

I agree Mat, the good stretches are quite remote - they are even difficult to reach via car in some cases, which is why the river is relatively lightly fished and still has a great deal of potential. However, there are some fairly good (and quiet) stretches just out of the town centre.