Black tip floats

Patch

hi there all i would like to know why there is black tip floats on the market is it so you can paint them yourself ??? thanks

Hi Patch, (no joke itended), You can buy black tipped floats, but there's no need. What I do is use a black permanent marker to black out the top half of an orange tipped float. This way you can shot your float to the black tip when theres glare on the water and take off a shot for the orange to show when the light conditions suit orange. Black topped floats work great when trotting on wide rivers. I get alot of anglers asking about black topped floats when I'm using one. They've thought about using them but never thought it would be better than orange, until they watch mine.

regards, SpenBeck

P.S. I never use yellow or red topped floats. I can concentrate better on orange or black!

The colour choice of a float tip is partly a personal thing and partly they should be suited to the light conditions, being somewhat colour blind myself (in tests anyway) I find yellow much easier to see than red.

Black float tips, surprisingly, are often best seen at dusk, some float systems allow for one tip to be substituted for another of a different colour, you can achieve the same effect for yourself by slipping a piece of silicone (whatever colour you like) over the tip of whichever float you are using.

I carry a dry-wipe marker in my tackle box. Suprisingly, the ink fairs pretty well as long as you don't actually touch it and even then, it only takes 2 tics to re-apply some more. When the light changes or you want the float for another session, you just wipe it off.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...