Pike Dead Bait

Errrm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH..................Oil dispertion. My nemesis.

How come when me and other Pikers suggest injecting oils, we are told that oils are a waste of time, because oil, in the words of other Pikers, floats to the surface, therefore serving no purpose? BUT

When someone suggest using fillets for instance, everyone agrees that this is a great way to disperse oils.

You cannot have it both way chaps. Does oil float away, therefore serving no purpose whatsoever or does it not?

So from what I can can gather, injecting is waste of time because the oil floats away, but it's ok to use fillets because it disperses the oil to wonderful effect. Can't you lot see this is a bloody contradiction this has been going and on and on and on. Oil is oil.

i hadn't heard the anti-oil argument, but it does make sense. however, there will be other 'things' in a dead fish which might attract predators and are water soluble.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH..................Oil dispertion. My nemesis.

How come when me and other Pikers suggest injecting oils, we are told that oils are a waste of time, because oil, in the words of other Pikers, floats to the surface, therefore serving no purpose? BUT

When someone suggest using fillets for instance, everyone agrees that this is a great way to disperse oils.

You cannot have it both way chaps. Does oil float away, therefore serving no purpose whatsoever or does it not?

So from what I can can gather, injecting is waste of time because the oil floats away, but it's ok to use fillets because it disperses the oil to wonderful effect. Can't you lot see this is a bloody contradiction this has been going and on and on and on. Oil is oil.

who knows....all I know is that fillets work for me for what ever reason.

Also..I fish quite big waters these days (80 hectares) so mackerel fillets threaded on a hair and hooked usually stay in place on the big casts you need to get out to features etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about the bait looking "natural". You'd be surprised how many fish you can catch on one inch eel sections (just nick a single hook through the skin) and it's hard to think of anything less natural looking than that!

I wouldn't worry too much about the bait looking "natural". You'd be surprised how many fish you can catch on one inch eel sections (just nick a single hook through the skin) and it's hard to think of anything less natural looking than that!

Exactly..it does work

Just experiment with a few different baits & configurations (whole, half & fillets) & I'm sure you will have some luck!