Taken the plunge

drumgerry

Hey hey - a fellow Moravian yakker! Brilliant! Haven't been out yet in the yak but aiming to do so soon. Still rigging her at the moment. Likely to launch at Findhorn or maybe Roseisle when the time comes. Definitely need to meet up. I was over at Cullen harbour last week and it looks like the kelp beds just outside the harbour might be a good mark to try - definitely a chance of seatrout and who knows maybe one of the elusive Moray Firth bass! I have booked myself on to a course for VHF at Findhorn marina on 10th June so although I'd have definitely taken you up on your offer I'm committed to that now - thanks anyway!

All the best

Gerry

about 700m away from cullen harbour towards the point to the east is a mark called capel rock. i got the numbers off a moray dive site. its not far off shore and is a pinacle of rock coming up to a couple of metres under the surface, try there!!

best wishes from a former moray kayak fisher!!!

2007, bass, pout, silver eel

about 700m away from cullen harbour towards the point to the east is a mark called capel rock. i got the numbers off a moray dive site. its not far off shore and is a pinacle of rock coming up to a couple of metres under the surface, try there!!

best wishes from a former moray kayak fisher!!!

Hi Mike - thanks for the mark. Did you ever try there? Or nearby? What did you catch?

Cheers

Gerry

Welcome to the Uk's fastest growing sport!! You seem to have everything in hand , just be careful before you start drilling , make sure your happy with everything first. Also note that electrics can affect your compass readings. Have fun!

Ok Prowler 13

drumgerry, only really fished it in the summer, u can see thetop of the rock under the surface and on its western edge there is a vertical drop. i caught the usual suspects ie coalfish pollack and mackeral, the dive site says there are cod and catfish there as well, cant remember whch dive site it was but there were a couple of other marks i got off there but never fished, there are some wrecks just off burghead of some valentine tanks. sandend was nice fishing flatties galore in the bay and again the usual suspects near the cliffs. nice launch here from the mini harbour, i fancied a turbot from here!, you should get to see the dolphins which is fantastic.

mike,

2007, bass, pout, silver eel

Mike - thanks for the info. Definitely need to try all those places. It was most frustrating standing on the harbour wall at Cullen when I could see all that lovely ground just out of casting range! Not for long!

Boomphat - it is unfortunate I agree! But we're trying to find a new car to buy and I don't want to fit a roofrack to a car I'm about to get rid of. Got enough to be going to on with getting the yak rigged out.

Cheers

Gerry

Edited by drumgerry

Choosing a new car is very stressful, my next car will have integral roof rails, but really I'd like a big diesel van so that I can just throw the yaks in the back, and avoid all this strapping business

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame