summer pike in northants

cobra

Must have just missed ya the other evening i walk my mutt round there 2 or 3 times a week in the evenings you'll quite often find me sat there trying to spot those elusive bream that are supposed to exist in there.

Cobra,

Well done mate. Looks like keeping on the move really gives you the chance to search out the fish that are sat waiting.

Terry,

One year the rese got pretty low and I noted with interest a large gravelly hump out from the 'club bank' maybe 30-40 yds - I imagine that's a pretty good feeding point for those large bream shoals - I'm assuming that they're still around in numbers.

Before that I'd been long range waggler fishing (cos I just love doing it) but a friend of mine used to go regularly when I'd gone off to college and he fished with a feeder and used LOTS of groundbait - mainly brown crumb with a little white - he used to bag up - some really big slabs as well.

I never used to catch any bream, even skimmers, from the public bank (dam wall end).

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have just missed ya the other evening i walk my mutt round there 2 or 3 times a week in the evenings you'll quite often find me sat there trying to spot those elusive bream that are supposed to exist in there.

if i go i usually go up there between 5pm and half past 5pm and fish up till 7:30pm ish i usually have my son with me so make sure you say hi if you see me not sure when ill next go up probably in the week sometime

if i go i usually go up there between 5pm and half past 5pm and fish up till 7:30pm ish i usually have my son with me so make sure you say hi if you see me not sure when ill next go up probably in the week sometime

as for the bream ive been told their there but never seen them bit of a legend lol

as for the bream ive been told their there but never seen them bit of a legend lol

:thumbs: i will have to give that a go

this is one of mine from yesterday

post-11924-1179679712_thumb.jpg

post-12170-1179683367_thumb.jpghi im new to piking but i went with cobra and thought id catch nothin but i was suprised when i seen a 4ft long follow my little plug in.just sat about 1ft behind it and got to me and turned round and swam off.and just before i was leaving i had a 2lb pike....here is the pic if ive done it right :unsure::unsure:

Guest tigger
Do a google search for

define:p i k e y

(without the spaces) and you will see the major meaning of the term. It is offensive to some of our members and we have an autoedit set up to change it.

In Lancashire we call em Gyp'os, Tinkers or trailer trash.

There's many other names for them.

I don't know if that'll offend anyone but those are the terms we use for them around here.

Edited by tigger

post-12170-1179683367_thumb.jpghi im new to piking but i went with cobra and thought id catch nothin but i was suprised when i seen a 4ft long follow my little plug in.just sat about 1ft behind it and got to me and turned round and swam off.and just before i was leaving i had a 2lb pike....here is the pic if ive done it right :unsure::unsure:

Hey, good going guys... ! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Keep it up - there are some decent ones in there for sure - that one that followed your lure in sounded like a good size. I remember seeing the fish follow the lure in - they come in really close don't they - especially where it's deep close in - very exciting way to fish - to actually see the fish swimming towards you and thinking - will he...wont he...

Cheers,

Steve

In Lancashire we call em Gyp'os, Tinkers or trailer trash.

There's many other names for them.

I don't know if that'll offend anyone but those are the terms we use for them around here.

Never heard of 'tinkers' before

Well done on the pike chaps :thumbs:

:clap2:

Never heard of 'tinkers' before

Well done on the pike chaps :thumbs:

:thumbs: thanks im getting really into these pike and they seem to be taking really aggressive so i will having another go sometime this week did you try the surface lures in the end neil