What Paddle

Lloydus

I had a Carlisle for my surf ski, a lovely paddle and very comfortable.

i use a lendal knietic touring carbon shaft .a bit dearer than your £80 budget but worth it . bournmouth canoe

http://www.bournemouthcanoes.co.uk/product...ring-paddle.htm

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

I was new to the yakking last year and bought a Prowler 13. I got a "free" Simply Magic Carlisle paddle with the yak; I think they retail at about £50 - £60 for the one piece version with the fibreglass-type shaft, which is what I got...length 210cm.

I had no previous experience but it seemed fine to me. Certainly much better than the £30 cheapo that my mate got as a freebie...don't know what it is, but it weighs a tonne by comparison.

When I bought a Scrambler XT a few months ago for my stepson I was offered another free paddle, but chose to upgrade to a 2 piece Originz Northwest Passage; length 215 - 223 cm. This is also quite light and I prefer it to the Carlisle one because I can adjust the length and feather. This paddle retails for about £100 (maybe less).

I tend to do about 2 - 3 miles on an average trip and would recommend both of these "budget" paddles as suitable for such purposes. I do favour the Originz one as I can customise it to my requirements.

I guess the expensvie paddles come into their own for longer distance paddling. I'll defer to afficionados such as Richi on this point. :thumbs:

Unless your going for long distance paddling I'd say you'd be fine with a paddle such as the ones I've mentioned. In my view the important thing is to get a paddle that's the right length for you. This is what I've found. :thumbs:

Hope this helps.