dog biscuit

Patch

I was expecting someone else to reply with some better information but I'll try. When you refer to dog biscuits I'm guessing you are refering to chum style biscuits? I can't understand why you would want to use a broken off part of these so I would suggest using a whole one. I usually use 2 on a hair rig because the extra buoyancy makes them lie on the water more like a biscuit not weighed down by a hook.

I'm sure someone else probably knows better then this so hopefully they will reply.

Errrm

I don't know any better, but whenever I've tried fishing two mixers at once, the fish seem to ignore the bait (presumably because it looks different to the freebies). Something I've tried to good effect is to "waterproof" a single mixer by smearing fat from a tin of meat on it. This seems to make it sit a bit higher in the water, as well as, presumably, giving it a meatier taste.

Don't suppose Patch is thinking of using whole Bonios? NB for Newt, Bonios in the UK are large dog biscuits, not these things: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...%3Doff%26sa%3DN

:)

'chum' type dog biccys are great bait on the top or on a hair off the bottom.

You can either superglue them to your finger (and the hook) or carefully drill them (drill a little through one side and then all the way through the other).

OR:

Use the patented 'hot rubbery dog biccy' recipt:

Take qty of fav dog biccys, place in sandwich bag or FPO's best tupperware container, splash on a little boiling water.

Stick in microwave on full power for N times X + 5secs (N= biccys x mass of biccy) X = qty of water.

(Give it a bloody try yourself!) - I find about 50 biccys and about 2 Tbls water for 30 secs......

When 'cooked' they have been steamed, CAUTION HOT STEAMING DOG BICCYS!

Smells horrible unless your names Rex

When cool and if you got your water/biccy mix correct you will have rubbery easy to hook or hair dog biccys.

NB make sure you also use these as freebies as they look a touch different to dry biccys on the water.

Also - check out your local pet food store for the big mixer biscuits and mixed types sold loose - all cost a lot less than 'chumies' and work great.

As for 'twos', I often fish a 'two' biccy rig, one often gets nicked which leaves you with the single to carry on with but I've noticed the odd fish shy off the double - but they cant resist and come back later!

Also - a double on a pulley rig is a good way to floater fish at distance - if you like watching your bait through binos!

NNNB: always have your rod in your hand, bail arm open or use an alarm - floater hits can be very violent and rods have been lost by experienced anglers when watching the water and not the bait. I use the 'open bail arm - line tucked under a rubber band' safety method, still get the odd snatch that makes me jump!

Edited by Tog
Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.