Kayak Stand

SpeciMan

I think someone posted a while ago that they used the Stanley Saw Horse as a kayak stand. Was wondering if they work out ok given they have a flat top - interested in buying a pair as they could come in handy for other diy jobs and the height of them seems ideal.

400-538165.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

You might find a pair of these cheap workmate copies to be more useful -

400479_l.jpg

You can bolt or screw on some 4x2 to the wooden surfaces of the bench and get a secure and adjustable base for the keel . They're about a tenner each, not as strong as B&D Workmates but OK for a stand.

I posted these on another site about a year ago in the kayak ideas section so that might be were you saw it.

Yes they are well getting and are excellent for storage or working on the kayak. Your right too - you can also use them for DIY as intended!

P3040003.jpg

P3040004.jpg

And before anyone asks! - My wife would allow me to keep the kayaks in the dining room!

:thumbs:

I personally like the stand system that Starvinmarvin has designed on his website using white water piping. It looks very well designed and looks to support the kayak comfortably and evenly ... a well thought out design SM .. :)