new to kayaking isle of wight

danny.b

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does anyone fish in the hamstead ledge area? looks good on the chart, deep water close in to a ledge. i'll be trying the totland bay area for rays next spring.

Hi Mike, I haven't actually fished there myself but I know you get good smooth hound and bass there and quite likely rays as well.

post-9185-1181768079_thumb.jpgpost-9185-1181768079_thumb.jpg[att

achment=3932:kayak_newtown5.1.jpg][attachm

ent=3934:kayak_newtown_5.2.jpg]post-9185-1181768079_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, I haven't actually fished there myself but I know you get good smooth hound and bass there and quite likely rays as well.

hi mike , hamstead is a great venue for bass and smoothies, in the summer months we put the kayaks in at newtown and camp and fish from hamstead duver ......nice spot.....

post-9185-1181768423_thumb.jpg

:D Hi Jim, my second name used to be Wager, do you remember me??

of course i remember you it mus of only been a few years ago that i saw you in cowes. what kayak do you have, i heard that there was someone fishing on a kayak in ventnor is it you by any chance. nice to see that you are still fishing.

jim

of course i remember you it mus of only been a few years ago that i saw you in cowes. what kayak do you have, i heard that there was someone fishing on a kayak in ventnor is it you by any chance. nice to see that you are still fishing.

jim

Hi Jim! I have a yellow prowler 15, it wasn't me fishing off Ventnor but that is something I want to do soon. Do you fancy meeting up this Sunday somewhere? Its cool to find someone that I already know doing this too :clap2:

post-9185-1181676573_thumb.jpgB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(danny.b @ May 28 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi all i have just become the proud owner of a ocean kayak caper and was wondering if there was any one that uses this forum from the isle of wight that would be willing to let me tag along with them when they go out, as I'm new to this and would feel a lot more comfortable (and safer) if i was going out with some one who has a lot more experience than me. to start with i will be just getting used to it in my local harbour but any help would be very welcome

HI DANNY I FISH ANY WHERE I CAN ROUND THE WIGHT ,SORRY I DIDN,T GET IN TOUCH SOONER BUT IVE BEEN OFF LINE ! IF YOU FEEL LIKE SOME FISHING LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO AND WE CAN SORT IT OUT IF YOU SEE A VW VAN WITH A YELLOW PERCEPTION ON IT LEAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER , IT,S A SMALL ISLAND!!!! MAYBE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER FOR AN ISLAND MEET ?

Hi Rob! I think I might have seen your van in Brading. I like the pics you posted,when are you going out next? I would like to meet up sometime if thats cool with you,I am also up for camping! Martin.

Hi Rob! I think I might have seen your van in Brading. I like the pics you posted,when are you going out next? I would like to meet up sometime if thats cool with you,I am also up for camping! Martin.

hi martin im off fishing most weekends just let me know were and when always up for it

Hi Jim! I have a yellow prowler 15, it wasn't me fishing off Ventnor but that is something I want to do soon. Do you fancy meeting up this Sunday somewhere? Its cool to find someone that I already know doing this too :clap2:

sorry mate to busy working on the farm at the moment may be able to meet up one evening as soon as the weather settles down where do you usualy fish.

jim

hi martin im off fishing most weekends just let me know were and when always up for it

Are you up for meeting up on Sunday (weather permitting!) I don't mind going out in the rain as long as its not too windy! The tides will still be quite big, I thought maybe Shanklin/Sandown Bay would be quite safe. I am quite keen to get out and am pretty flexible re. times/places.