How was the weekend on the east of scotland?

Dougie

Dougie:

dont have a boat yet mate..sorry try asking norrie he is a boat man!

Hiya, It might be a better idea to adsk Happy Dude, he fishes there regularly.... :D .

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did someone mention my name???????

dan, as well as dunbar harbour you can launch at a place called skateraw but it is 4WD only as it is a soft sandy beach.

there is st.abbs harbour, launching is £10.00 and it is very tidal with a 2WD, the fish here can be quite hard to find though head to st.abbs head and there is millions of mackerel, parking can be a problem and rubber johnnies (divers) can make it a nightmare unless you are a bit forthright like myself ie if they don't move their stuff off the middle of the slip first time of asking pick it up yourself and throw it about 10 feet to the side

dunbar is probably your best option £8.00 to launch, less tidal and the fish are easier to find as there is a much bigger area of rough ground to fish.

norrie, did you hear i had a scad on my boat at oban at the weekend??

i also had a skate that was off the chart......

all 10lb of it....lol

i also did a holty, big jaggy bites that i missed and wound in a coalie that looked like it had a meeting with jack the ripper, could only have been a tope :rolleyes:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Les, Yep, I did read about yer "off the scale" Skate...havent had the pleasure of doing it myself yet, but there is plenty time.....I'm going up to LA this weekend to collect the boat, and might spend an hour or two fishing.....mibbes have a go for a Tope....never had one before..... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Les,

Are you fishing this weekend, I was planning on a shot from Torness on Sunday,(weather permitting).

Dan, Is Berwick upon Tweed within range for you ? It's a 2wd launch 3 hours either side of HW. Loads of marks between there and Holy Island to wet a line.

Neil.

neil,

might look into it, maybe have to do the family thing

i'll give you a call later in the week

norrie,

good luck with the tope...

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

forecast looks pants, northerly 15mph, looking more like the truckfest for me this w/e

WalkingPinhead.gif

Happy Dude:

forecast looks pants, northerly 15mph, looking more like the truckfest for me this w/e

Where do get your info on wind direction mate? I checked but got a westerly :confused:

Would I be right in guessing that the fife coast would be better in a northerly?

its a westerly!

fished last nite at the breakwater, and it was emmense! fished 1 hour and had 20 mackies and 1 pollack about 2lb. You should have seen it, the mackies were chasing the saithe all night, and we are talking massive shoals of mackies smashing into the saithe. Got most of them on the spinner, but it werent easy as it sounds. They shoal was constantly moving up and down the breakwater, so oyu had to be quick when they got infront of you. I have never seen mackies like this before from the shore, they were just smashing into everything...