How was the weekend on the east of scotland?

Dougie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not going to mention it publicly, because not as many people fish this paticular park of this mark, the choose to fish of a pier...but...dig around my previous posts and you will find out which breakwater im going on about

David.W:

oh, and is there much size to the mackies this year?

The mackies I've had from Granton and North Berwick so far have all been a very good size.

This is the best summer I have had in a while for not only numbers of fish but also their general size.

Dougie:

im not going to mention it publicly, because not as many people fish this paticular park of this mark, the choose to fish of a pier...but...dig around my previous posts and you will find out which breakwater im going on about    

The breakwater you mention - is it a high tide mark or like Granton does it not really matter?

Cheers

Cheers Dougie. Still not 100% on that mark you've mentioned but look forward to finding it if I head over (is there more than 1 breakwater).

Still not sure where I'm heading tomorrow but probably a few hours North Berwick followed by a few hours with the float somewhere further along the coast.

If anyone else is heading out then good luck.

Spur-Hound:

Well there aree none at Dunbar, at least not today, nobody wasd gertting any jus hundreds of colies. is granton fishing okj just now for them? i know theres quite a fe at cockenzie

Granton was fishing very well in the past few weeks but I haven't got down in over a week. Can't imagine much has changed though as there were tons of them!

Maybe get an hour or so tomorrow before heading Dunbar direction - maybe Cove harbour?

Whereabouts were you in Dunbar?

As a matter of interest does anyone know any decent Wrasse marks? Torness inflow usually produces and Eyemouth can be OK but I've not got a hint of one yet this summer!