homemade groundbaits for carp,tench etc....

henda11

hi, does anyone of anyway to make some decent homemade groundbaits for carp and tench etc.... because i sick of paying £4 for a medium sized bag of the stuff...

if anyone does know please leave me a list of the stuff i need to make it, it will be much appreciated

cheers

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

hi, does anyone of anyway to make some decent homemade groundbaits for carp and tench etc.... because i sick of paying £4 for a medium sized bag of the stuff...

if anyone does know please leave me a list of the stuff i need to make it, it will be much appreciated

cheers

I guess you will have lots of people with different views on this one but one I have made which seems to have worked for me is one based on crumb. We all have stale bread (or is it just me) in the bread bin. Put into blender and mix to fine crumb, which can of course be used as it is. Then the additives can be as varied as your imagination/species that you are after. You can either add your particles at the bank or perhaps use dried versions in the base i.e. I have added a tin of dried sweetcorn to the mix and blended and also pellets and hemp. I have found that using wet additives at this stage just clogs up my mixture so try and keep things as dry as possible until you actualy need to mix them.

Give it a whilrl and see as I agree, bought fancy groundbait is very pricey.

Edited by RPM

I guess you will have lots of people with different views on this one but one I have made which seems to have worked for me is one based on crumb. We all have stale bread (or is it just me) in the bread bin. Put into blender and mix to fine crumb, which can of course be used as it is. Then the additives can be as varied as your imagination/species that you are after. You can either add your particles at the bank or perhaps use dried versions in the base i.e. I have added a tin of dried sweetcorn to the mix and blended and also pellets and hemp. I have found that using wet additives at this stage just clogs up my mixture so try and keep things as dry as possible until you actualy need to mix them.

Give it a whilrl and see as I agree, bought fancy groundbait is very pricey.

I'd use anything you can get your hands on! Try to sweet talk your local tescos/bakers to giving you old stale bread. Certainly my local tescos reduces it all to 10p as it goes stale. I have been known to buy 4 loaves of 20 value bread and deliberately spread it out in the greenhouse to make it go stale. I'd liquidise some sweetcorn (with the juice) at the same time and then mix the bread and liquid sweetcorn goo on the bank to make a groundbait.

With value sweetcorn and cheap/free bread this will work out very cheaply and it will bring the fish in from miles around! Carp fishermen are using tinned tuna at the mo too so that could be another cheap additive

Rich