More on the 640!

Sutton Warrior

A little more on the Canon PowerShot 640 . . .

Had a bit of time to kill today, parked down a lane, started looking closer at the hedge row. Camera in hand, I thought I would see if I could improve on the 'Macro' efforts of last week.

The spider kept still, I am a bit stunned by the result!? minimum work in PS Elements, a little bit of cropping, could stand more but I wanted the web silk in. This is only a 'Point & Shoot' Powershot A640, cost me £150!!

Q1SpiderRWe.jpg

I took this one to see if I could control where the camera focused. Did OK I recon???

Q3RoseRWe.jpg

The detail and never seen a red Sycamore seed before.

Q4SycamoreseedRWe.jpg

Equally, never seen red, holly either.

Q2RedHollyRWe.jpg

The colour is fairly true, if my memory of 6 or 7 hours ago is good, just a minor lighting lift in Elements 'levels' control. There is a tad of unsharp, but I keep it under very tight limits. Other than the limit of a 4X zoom and 35mm wide angle, for this type of general amater work, for me, it is the bees knees??? Makes me wonder is I need to spend £!!!!**** on a macro for my SLR. I recon the spider would click into full focus if I went up a notch on the apature?

I had control on the camera, used TV (2.8 aperture) in Macro, and that swivel screen again, it is such a plus point for this type of work.

Any one got any comment, good, bad or indifferent ;):lol:

S/Warrior

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Looks like you've got a good one there !!

Such quality at such a low price is excellent ... :thumbs::thumbs:

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.