Carp fishing in Dorset

JackPike

The wife and I are having week in Dorset soon can anybody recommend any decent carp waters ?

This is a good place to visit. Seven lakes to choose from. Give them a call- they will tell you everything you need to know.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

That looks very interesting, me and the wife and family are moving to Bournemouth this year as i have a new job down there. Think i will be checking that out.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

i have just come back from revels. i will tell you what i know

the main lake has just been reshaped no longer has the "canal" section along the back bank, holds lots of small silvers some carp up to 20's. Desperation lake is alot smaller again full of silvers more suited to pole fishing. Dead tree lake is a dog leg shaped lake the fish feed on the far bank under the trees. pellets work well on there. The match lake is a short work up a huge steep hill, next to that is the predator lake, that lake is amazing pike to low 30's

Specimen lake is £45 per 24 hours if your not staying at the site, £20 if you are. You must pre-book as it gets very busy. for your money you get the entire lake for up to 4 people. The lake is small with a silly island (covered in leads) and a few lilly beds. This lake contains cats to 40lb and carp to 30's big pellet for the carp and whole squid for the cats, for the cats fish tight to the lillies and hold tight. If you stay on site you can fish the stock pond, dont be fooled by this lake recently doubled in size this lake contains carp to 20lb cats confirmed to 14 but could well be bigger in there, jason (the owner) and Dean (head bailiff type person) dont actually know whats in there exactly. Pellet and squid again work here, becarefull around the sunken tree snaggy as hell. Poles are health hazard due to the over head power lines running down the side of this lake They are getting buried in Novemeber!

if i can help any more let me know