Thames Estuary

Matt Baldwin

Hi Andy, it is me who apologises for the delay as i couldn't get through all the mod posters as they were coming thick and fast, me eyes were getting dizzy trying to read em. :) We do folkestone once a month for the past don't know how long. Don't know why really and you are not missing anything of importance but it's a good crack. Now and again we might have a good bass or a rare cod. No one fishes for conger or blonde ray as there is no interest so one day someone might pull one out of note.

Good luck to your boy on his tope quest.

Thanks Barry.

My first trip out of Folkestone was, as it happens, the best one! I'll try and upload some photo's of the blondes we pulled ;)

As for conger fishing, I have been trying to convince my local skippers to try for them for absolutely ages! We may not have the depths of water available here in the northern end of the Thames Estuary that they have along the English Channel, but they (conger) just have to be out there on the many wrecks that are within reach of the local boats.

Andy :)

post-11967-1182419272_thumb.jpg

To find eternal happiness, live life like a dog!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one was John's (Old bloke in photo) best of the day at 28lb. I had great fun watching him being dragged from where he was fishing just behind the wheelhouse all the way back to the transom.

It was one of those silly days where only the two people on one side of the boat caught fish. They came in ever increasing sizes from about a 10lb starting fish.

post-11967-1182419587_thumb.jpg

This one was John's (Old bloke in photo) best of the day at 28lb. I had great fun watching him being dragged from where he was fishing just behind the wheelhouse all the way back to the transom.

It was one of those silly days where only the two people on one side of the boat caught fish. They came in ever increasing sizes from about a 10lb starting fish.

You show me yours and i'll show you mine :P Click on me name, the one showing in there is over thirty. Where we go down weymouth, the skipper recons that there is a british record down there, He narrowly missed it last year with one a couple of pounds off, the week after i had my fun. Don't want to say much more as the scottish guys an here will put us to shame with the real biggies.

I know that there are good ones off folkestone seen the photgrapths, as for the conger i have also tried to get guys interested as i know they are out there, still one day.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

You show me yours and i'll show you mine :P Click on me name, the one showing in there is over thirty. Where we go down weymouth, the skipper recons that there is a british record down there, He narrowly missed it last year with one a couple of pounds off, the week after i had my fun. Don't want to say much more as the scottish guys an here will put us to shame with the real biggies.

I know that there are good ones off folkestone seen the photgrapths, as for the conger i have also tried to get guys interested as i know they are out there, still one day.

That aint fair, you got a bigger one than me, lol.

Seriously though, both my friend John and myself were more than happy enough with our fish as they were also new species for us at the time and beat the hell out of our own personal best rays. Come to think of it, John's personal best fish was a cod of 10lb at the time, so he was most probably as chuffed as someones going to get :D

Once I have recovered from my car crash I had on Monday along the my knee op that was done on Tuesday, i think it will be time to have a word with our skipper to go looking for those big eels. It will most likely be a succession of blanks, but like I said before, they have to be out there and sooner or later we WILL find them! I'm kind of in two minds as to how to go about it though. Personally, I favour just the skipper my son Jack and I taking out the boat and trying various wrecks and marks we both know of. But there is a line of logic that says, "More baits in the water = greater chance of a fish!". Not to mention the stumping up of the full cost of the boat on my own.

Me, Tony U and 5 bellies are going fishing next saturday on boat in thames estuary,

Well we are waiting, us landies want to know what you caught, where are the photo's.

:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry

It got called off, :( force 6 winds in the estuary; needless to say it was after I had bought my bait which is now safely esconced in Matt's Mum's freezer (we have ran out of room).

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Barry

It got called off, :( force 6 winds in the estuary; needless to say it was after I had bought my bait which is now safely esconced in Matt's Mum's freezer (we have ran out of room).

Tony

Blimy, i did not give the weather any thought, after all the build up i was looking forward to the result. Gutted for you.

Barry

Tony

Hi Tony.

Was that Saturday 23rd? I only ask because my son still managed to make his trip out of Walton on the Naze that day. Nothing amazing was caught by any rods. Half a dozen small tope, some smooth hounds and a skate. Biggest catch of the day was the cable that became entangled with the anchor and took the skipper a while to get rid of.

But, at the end of the day, its the skippers call as to whether or not to chance things with the weather and I dare say he feels worse about losing a days money than you do about losing a days fishing, so I can't and wouldn't knock him for it.

Edited by Tatts64

The weather forcast for the 23rd was not good. SW 5 occasionally 6. As it turned out it was nothing like this. After deciding not to go I spent the day on the boat wishing I had gone.