Current river carp record

bluerinse

Does anyone know what the current river carp record is, I am asking as I have been told of a 48lb carp from the Avon.

Thanks

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Guest Brumagem Phil

The story of that 48lb carp from Harvington has been doing the rounds for a few years now! It may be true but many believe its just a fishy tale to draw punters to the guys fishery.

Bottom line is nobody really knows what lurks in our rivers.........probably why they are so popular.

The story of that 48lb carp from Harvington has been doing the rounds for a few years now! It may be true but many believe its just a fishy tale to draw punters to the guys fishery.

Bottom line is nobody really knows what lurks in our rivers.........probably why they are so popular.

Hi Phil, I have fished Harvington a couple of times, I pike fished it last winter and had some great sport 7 pike, biggest 12lb

I also had a Barbel session last summer with a nice fish of 9lb and a few chub. It’s a great spot, it was the owner who told me about the carp, I thought it was a bit suspect at the time, that’s why I asked the question. I am planning a carp and tench session there soon and have had a look round during the close season, I recon I have found some good swims in the meadows area at Harvington that scream Carp, tench and bream.

I have been planning my attack; I reckon lunchen meat fished on a bolt rig in the margins with plenty of free offerings.

I will let you know how I get on.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"