anyone use a drift chute or drougue

jerseytrev

does anyone use a drift chute in the sea instead of anchoring up. ? :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

does anyone use a drift chute in the sea instead of anchoring up. ? :thumbs:

I have a drift chute that I made myself. It is useful when fishing on the drof in breezy conditions.

Most of my fishing is lure fishing in close over rough ground, I don't tend to use it in these conditions.

It is useful though and certainly keeps the boat head into the wind when there is a bit of wind blown chop.

Rich.

I have 2 of different sizes and use them all the time. They allow you cover alot of water without drifting too fast, especially when fly/lure fishing. Get a pull, make a mental not of your position and then double back around once you land the fish for a second drift. I will be getting a rudder soon so I can drift across the wind/along the shoreline, this can be a deadly tactic on the trout reservoirs.

Edited by JRT

To those that curently use drogues......what size are you using ?

Wychwood drogues (found via Google) are 5' x 5', which seems a helluva size (albeit this is opened out flat). These are designed, I believe, for troutfisher rowing boats, so maybe overkill for a yak.

I'm keen to get one but mot sure of the size to go for.

To those that curently use drogues......what size are you using ?

Wychwood drogues (found via Google) are 5' x 5', which seems a helluva size (albeit this is opened out flat). These are designed, I believe, for troutfisher rowing boats, so maybe overkill for a yak.

I'm keen to get one but mot sure of the size to go for.

that's what put me off the trout ones , hook 1 in the states used to do them. seems they are not on their site anymore, have mailed karen there to see if they are just out of stock or just deleted. 14-18 in seems the ideal for the sea so i am told .just sourcing them seems to be the problem

:thumbs:

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

Here you go mate,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEA-ANCHOR-DROGUE-FO...VQQcmdZViewItem

plenty on e-bay, this size is ok, I have one.

JRT that's the one i ordered. maidstonemike might get that one too cheers guys :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.