Animal feeds

Longdoggg

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and this is my first post.....so here goes.

Many years ago when fishing in County Cavan, Eire we bought loose feed and groundbait from the local animal feed place. I can't remember the feed but it worked very well on the Lough Bream.

Now, spending my years fishing the rivers, drains etc of Somerset I thought to myself.... " Surely there is a cheaper option to the multitude of shop bought crumb and mixes we can now get"? Why it's taken so long for me to think about this escapes me LOL.

I have heard of people using Vitalin and Ewe Nuts for carp fishing but not heard of anybodies experiences using these type of feeds for Silvers etc

Can anyone out there offer any words of wisdom on this subject??????

Guest Brumagem Phil

Just trying some ewe nuts now as it happens. The bream certainly seem to like em!

Could the stuff you was looking for be Layers mash? Bream love this as I recall.

I can vouch for bream lovign ewe nuts. I was on the Trent, hoping to attract a few carp into the swim, but at one point I thought the bream were going to crawl up the bank and drag the bucket in.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Guest Brumagem Phil
at one point I thought the bream were going to crawl up the bank and drag the bucket in.

LOLOLOL!!!!

I can vouch for bream lovign ewe nuts. I was on the Trent, hoping to attract a few carp into the swim, but at one point I thought the bream were going to crawl up the bank and drag the bucket in.

What did you use for hookbaits?

Ross

OK chaps, what the jeebers are Ewe Nuts?

Ewe nuts are feed that farmers use specifically for sheep. The ones I know of are 5mm pellets, high protein with all the usual ingredients including molasses, so are sweet and oily rather than fishy. You can get a 25Kilo bag for certainly less than a tenner.....farmers buy them in bulk for about a fiver.

I'm interested in hearing about anyone using these types of animal feeds and how they use them.

Ross

Guest Brumagem Phil
OK chaps, what the jeebers are Ewe Nuts?

I thought that was obvious! They are the testicles of young sheep!!!

LOLOL!

Actually they are sheep pellets........got CSL and other stuff in em.