Warwickshire Avon day tickets

Anderoo

Great info bluerinse!

I'm told night fishing is ok on the town water but not on the seven meadows section, is that about right?

Some clonking great carp in the town section too!!! I've often been tempted to fish for em at night over the bridge in the shallow area near the bird sanctuary by the rowing club! There are some steps at the end of the bridge by the snactuary so it would be easy enough to land them. Never seen any no fishing signs but not sure if fishing there would be frowned upon or not?

Night fishing is allowed on the town stection, I know you can't fish on the rowing club bank as I have been thrown off there,(second arch on the bridge there is a great chub swim) the other side Im not sure, I have neaver seen anyone fish there. there are no no fishing signs as you say so I can't see why not. The only thing you would have to put up with at night is the drunk youths!! not sure I would fancy that. :unsure:

There are big Carp up by the wiers my biggest is 23lb and there are for sure bigger fish in there.

Also its full of Pike and Zander, free running ledger link with a small bleak is the killer for Zander, I have had over 30 fish in a sesstion, fished in any slack water on either wier pool. Zander I have caught range in size from 1lb - 8lb, There are many bigger fish I just have not conected with any yet.

cheers BR

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Guest Brumagem Phil
Night fishing is allowed on the town stection, I know you can't fish on the rowing club bank as I have been thrown off there,(second arch on the bridge there is a great chub swim) the other side Im not sure, I have neaver seen anyone fish there. there are no no fishing signs as you say so I can't see why not. The only thing you would have to put up with at night is the drunk youths!! not sure I would fancy that. :unsure:

There are big Carp up by the wiers my biggest is 23lb and there are for sure bigger fish in there.

Also its full of Pike and Zander, free running ledger link with a small bleak is the killer for Zander, I have had over 30 fish in a sesstion, fished in any slack water on either wier pool. Zander I have caught range in size from 1lb - 8lb, There are many bigger fish I just have not conected with any yet.

cheers BR

cheers BR..............I sometimes go for a walk around the area with me big 2million candle power torch. Provided the water isnt too coloured (the Avon as you know is generally quite clear before the canal muck joins it) you can see some big bream, carp and chub around the bridge.

The footbridge at the other end of the town also seems to hold some big fish but its just soooooo snaggy it looks virtually unfishable!

My guess is a decent spot for the carp might be in front of the theatre at night coming to pick up the bread thats sunk after all the days swan feeding?

23lb....nice fish! :thumbs: