Webcams.....

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

I've a few webcams of the severn in my favourites folder, but can't seem to find any which give me views of the Avon. Its a great way to check on water levels and the general state of the river without a long drive!

My main area of interest is around Stratford but anywhere local will be fine.

Anyone got a link to any please?

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Phil,

the simple answer to your question is that there are none. I wish there was as this is the river I fish most and some upto date info would be great. A the minute I have been getting my reports from a friend who has been passing the river alomst everyday.

I was out yesteday and the day before. The river is still up, around 2 ft with colour and dropping. It was 3 ft up the day before so you can see how fast it is dropping.

With rain forecast again for this weekend expect it to rise quickly though. I can update conditions on this thread if it would help you as and when I getnthe reports.

Paul

Guest Brumagem Phil

That would be excellent seph, thanks. Not sure when I'm gonna be able to get out to the river yet, but sure want to at some point whilst its in flood conditions.

Astonishing in'it ?

All the webcams are put up by local councils. Both Stan Lewis and Mal Story have tackle shops that overlook the severn (and I'm sure there are plenty of similar tackle shops on other rivers) and yet neither of them has stuck a webcam out of their window.

Just think of the amount of advertising space that you could stick in around a service like a webcam.. The tackle shop, local B&B's, Llcal comercial fisheries for when the river is out of sorts, there's no end to it - and it all makes money.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Latest reports have the river only a foot up now on NSL , but with rain forecast for the weekend I am sure it will be well up again soon.

I should have gone out today, but have been out two days running and needed to catch up on some sleep. The good thing about all this extra water is that the matchmen are not getting on the water as they are cancelling all the time, leaving all the river for us true fisherman.

I will see what it is like Monday and hopefully be out then.

Paul

Guest Brumagem Phil

Fished it tonight.........check out my 'fishing can be cruel' thread for the juicy (and they ARE juicy) details! :thumbs:

Thanks seph

Fished it tonight.........check out my 'fishing can be cruel' thread for the juicy (and they ARE juicy) details! :thumbs:

Thanks seph

Cracking Phil, right time, right place I guess.

Any photo's of it?

Paul

Guest Brumagem Phil

There was another fellah fishing who took a couple of pics.........he took my address and e-mail addy and said he'd forward it on. Whether he does or not, only time will tell. Was a keen as hell fisherman of about 40 years so I'm hopeful.

Almost tempted to have another crack this evening! You don't fancy a short sesh do you mate???