Thames Session 27/07/07....

Grant Letts

Hi,

Decided to take the afternoon off and have a session on the Thames yesterday afternoon i fished peg 26 at the end of Hurstfield Road in West Molesey.

Fished the cage feeder with Crumb, Micro Pellet, and Brasem in the feeder and switching between soft pellet and maggot on the hook started on a size 14 with 3.5l/b bottom trading down to a 16 with 3 l/b bottom when bites became more finicky.

Had a pretty stready stream of fish with some lovely Roach to just under a pound, some skimmers, two decent Bream with several more Bream at 2 - 3 pound mark. River was up with a fair flow and nicely coloured. Managed to avoid getting a soaking with the eather fairly changeable but only one shower!

One suprise was a Jack pike of about 4 l/b hooked fair and square in the scissors quite an eventful fight went off like a Barbel and then decided to Jump and tail walk, genuinley suprised it stayed on. Had several other small jacks attack the feeder on the way in (they just dont want to let go!) Maybe cage feeders with two trebles might be cheaper than investing in Spoon, Plugs and Mepps!!!

I have attached some photos....

Cheers,

Grant

Think i need a bit more practice with attaching Photos !! Tried to attach a Zip File going to have to resize!!

Photos to follow.

Congratulations and good post. Molesey is my nearest free Thames access point, so hopefully I'll be getting down there too at some point. Is parking available at the end of Hurstfield Road?

Geoff

Congratulations and good post. Molesey is my nearest free Thames access point, so hopefully I'll be getting down there too at some point. Is parking available at the end of Hurstfield Road?

Hi mate,

There is parking at the bottom of Hurstfield Road and Cherry Tree Lane so gives fairly good access. Where abouts do you live Mate??

Grant

Hi mate,

There is parking at the bottom of Hurstfield Road and Cherry Tree Lane so gives fairly good access. Where abouts do you live Mate??

Grant

Great, thanks for that Grant.

I also had my eye on some spots in East Molesley where the Mole joins (where I used to fish as a nipper), I'll get down there at some point to get the lay of the land.

Anyway, all pretty academic at the moment as I'm returning to the sport after an absence of about 15 years and haven't even sorted my tackle out yet!

I'm in Croydon btw.

Geoff

Geoff