Refrigerated waggon @ Whitby 10 pm Fri night.

Guest jay_con

Winter, all fish does not have to be sold on the local market and sold it can be shipped or trucked anywhere to be sold for what the catcher considers the best port/buyer, it is not uncommon for boats landing in one port to truck there fish the length of the country to try and get a better price.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we get the Scottish trawlers unload here onto wagons to go elsewhere...certainly not at this moment in time as the trawling has been poor, the cod just seem to have disappeared even off the shore..never known it to be so bad..got millions of small whiting, and that's about it..In fact I never even saw a haddock this year it's sad..real sad..

Blackvelvet

Guest jay_con

Our shore fishing is shocking. The worst start to a club season since it began. I hope its not to late to turn things around. Its getting a little late in the day though of that im sure.

Reading about what happened in canada makes me believe the same is happening here. A couple of boom years (Which we in yorkshire have just had) then nothing ever again. Complete wipeout.