Google Earth 2

WHITE-LIGHT

Following on from Steve Walkers post

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=76304

I thought it would be a good idea if we could build a data base of fishing venues from our locations around the country,and actually "see" them.As google earth provides roads and maps,getting directions to your venue or match would be easier.

As we have people from all over the country posting on here think of the ground we could cover,so to speak.

You could have Pike venues,Carp venues,favourite stretches of river,favourite lakes the possibilities are endless.

It's just a thought.

Here are a few from me.

Fishing_venues.kmz

If the above file works it's a big thankyou to Steve Walker for his help. :thumbs:

IF IT'S CALLED "COMMON SENSE" WHY DO SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE IT.

Nice idea, but I don't think many people will want to advertise their own waters in this way. I'm lucky in that most of the places I fish are very quiet and underfished (despite being available to anyone with the right inexpensive club book(s)) and I wouldn't want that to change.

Google earth and MS virtual earth are superb recce tools though. I can even see shallow bays and sandbars on the Thames! Having a look at your waters can save many hours of walking and plumbing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Nice idea, but I don't think many people will want to advertise their own waters in this way. I'm lucky in that most of the places I fish are very quiet and underfished (despite being available to anyone with the right inexpensive club book(s)) and I wouldn't want that to change.

Google earth and MS virtual earth are superb recce tools though. I can even see shallow bays and sandbars on the Thames! Having a look at your waters can save many hours of walking and plumbing.

All the places on there are day ticket waters.

Putting up a club water or a private water was never my intention as people like yourself like their peace and quiet.I know i do.Plus you never know how the people in charge of the water would react.

As a resource the virtual sites bring a lot more into your home,i have planned a weekends fishing from the information gleaned from the internet.

IF IT'S CALLED "COMMON SENSE" WHY DO SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE IT.