X Factor Rudder

Karl K

Spyro,

I can only tell you about the X factor - The C.O.D. rudder kit comes with replacement sliding footrests, however to make them fit the X you would have to cut them down, so thanks to some advice from niko I simply used the ones already fitted to the X - they are much more substantial than the replacement ones anyway. To adjust the existing ones for length of your leg, they have a large locking pin that you turn, move the footpeg to suit & then re-engage the pin to lock them off. If you dismantle them and remove the 'pin' then the existing ones are able to slide & can be used with the rudder.

When you are using them, its hard to explain but the opposite foot provides resistance to push against as you paddle

Cheers

Karl

Edited by Karl K

Spyro,

I can only tell you about the X factor - The C.O.D. rudder kit comes with replacement sliding footrests, however to make them fit the X you would have to cut them down, so thanks to some advice from niko I simply used the ones already fitted to the X - they are much more substantial than the replacement ones anyway. To adjust the existing ones for length of your leg, they have a large locking pin that you turn, move the footpeg to suit & then re-engage the pin to lock them off. If you dismantle them and remove the 'pin' then the existing ones are able to slide & can be used with the rudder.

When you are using them, its hard to explain but the opposite foot provides resistance to push against as you paddle

Cheers

Karl

Cheers Karl i think i've got the idea :thumbs:

Went with the Crate mate jr from KFS really happy with it the 13x13 milk fits the back of the kayak perfectly as its molded for it. Also got away with paying the tax :clap2:

P1000637.jpg

P1000638.jpg

Not had a chance to take pics

12 hour day

S4C came to film work for Wedi 7

Tomorrow night hopefully

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse