Help Please

BRPS

I am trying to trace a tackle shop that I saw advertising minnow traps, crayfish traps etc. I believe that they were located somewhere in Sussex.There may have been a link to them from this site , but I'm afraid I can't find it. Thanks.

Are these the plastic minnow traps you used to get that fit over the top of a jam jar?

If you could find a supplier of these I would like details to.

[ 05. May 2005, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

No Tony, the type of trap I'm refering to was somewhat like a small mesh keepnet with internal funnel system . They were not too expensive if I recall correctly.

I remember the sort, they were not a cheap as the type that fit on the jam jar, but I have not seen either for years

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I bought mine cheap on Ebay. Took a while to arrive from the states but cost less than a tenner all in.

Paul

I think you put bread or ground bait in the trap the minnows swm in to eat the bait but can not swim back out.

Tony

There'a a pouch inside the trap into which you insert bait , maggots etc. As Tony said , the minnows can swim in but not out...