Help needed - Quiver Tip

Craig 1

Hi all i wonder if any one can help me?

Ive been asked by my father in law to find some sort of quiver tip eye that uses a spring on the tip to indicate bites ?

Apparently there was some thing like this that was used many years ago but wuthout the correct names for the tip im struggling to find one for him!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as this is now getting frustrating

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net. I'm moving this to the Coarse Angling section where more people will see it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seymo-THI-C-ST-Low-Profile-Swing-Tip-Quiver-Rod-Tip-Guide-Ring-Threaded-Tip-/111652921036?var=&hash=item19ff085ecc

This is what your looking for, allows you to use screw in swing tips or quiver tips.

Edited by terry t shirt

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

What you are looking for is a 'spring tip'. This is like a screw in quiver tip but had a short spring near the bottom end so that after the initial bend of the quiver tip from a bite the spring would collapse. I've got several still that date back from the 1970s or 80s. You can adjust how much the quiver tip part intrudes within the spring so that it can be wholly quiver tip or partly or wholly spring tip. I think you will be very lucky to source one.