Line

buc69

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decent 18 lb mono will straighten lighter gauge hooks with a bit of tug of war but you'll struggle to striaghten any of the heavier gauge hooks

Its a shame more people dont check this first though isnt it? its so simple to do and saves leaving baited hooks in the water.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Its a shame more people dont check this first though isnt it? its so simple to do and saves leaving baited hooks in the water.

If you stick to the drennans or vmc's youll bend them its the likes of the fox 2xs etc that cause problems with straightening on mono, also dont buy they nickel plated ones silver black etc as these if you do lose them take consideravly longer to degrade than plain old bronzed hooks

I'm using 18lb mono on my bait rods mate but am thinking about loading one reel with 50lbs braid which has the same dia. as 12llb mono for some bait fishing...the only thing that concerns me is the abrasion issue.

If weed is a problem try using a long wire trace above the hook trace, it cuts through weed better than line does. Berkley wire trolling line is good for that job.

If it's rocks then stick to a hard 18lb mono.

Edited by ColinW