Thames Roker

Will the good days come to an end?

See:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po..._of_Plenty.html

An interesting post Leon. Slightly off topic, i hope that this hyper-aggregation, aka the end game, does not also apply to the cod showing in the north sea. In particular there was also reservation and concern about the north sea cod stocks in yet another posting yesterday.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

An interesting post Leon. Slightly off topic, i hope that this hyper-aggregation, aka the end game, does not also apply to the cod showing in the north sea. In particular there was also reservation and concern about the north sea cod stocks in yet another posting yesterday.

The problem with the cod stocks is that we do not yet have an adequate spawning biomass of adult fish.

The plentitude of youngsters need to be preserved until 2010 when things will start to improve for the spawning biomass.

Unfortunately, with quota now just about used up for this year, boats now have to either avoid catching juveniles, or discard those that they do catch, and there seems to be a growing problem with heavy discards of cod now because of lack of quota.

Whether those fish are taken and dumped back into the sea, or sold, makes little difference to the spawning biomass.

('little', because if they were landed and sold then the boats would need to catch less to make up the pay packet, given that conservation minded skippers wouldn't just keep on catching and selling to ensure an even fatter pay packet!)

Maybe there is a ray of light in the proposals that the Scottish fleet are considering, which if taken up and the idea spreads could help tremendously.

See: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...e_Closures.html

Wouldn't it be wonderful to get back to a situation where there was no problem with cod stocks, plenty of quota, and no impact on otherwise 'healthy' fisheries which are part of mixed fisheries?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I have put the increase in not only thornbacks but smoothound, tope and now even spure dogs down to the dramatic decrease in commercial pressure.

Have you seen an increase in Tope down your way Sam, I thought the trend and catches were down this year?

I think the catches are down this year but the basic trend is on the up. When my Dad packed up in 1996 there were no tope, you couldnt sell a days topeing.

Now and for about 5 or 6 years the Thames Estuary charter fleet make good money from tope trips.

I think the fact that catches were down this season could be due to it being a good year for mackerel, this I belive has put fish like tope up in the water away from anglers baits.

Coupled with the bad weather it would lead to a fall in catches.

I dont sign up to Leons theory of the END GAME, the boat fishing hear hasd inproved so much since 1996 for many species, hounds, tope and thornies we even have fair numbers of big spure dogs now.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

I dont sign up to Leons theory of the END GAME, the boat fishing hear hasd inproved so much since 1996 for many species, hounds, tope and thornies we even have fair numbers of big spure dogs now.

Fishing off folkestone for the last 30 odd years each month weather permitting i don't remember the last time i see a spurdog, let alone catch one. Set up a charter Thedogs i will be the first to put me name down. :)

The end game happend at the grand banks and still not recovered. If it took place over here what would the outcome be, would you take the chance and be complacement or would you take a pre-cautionary approach.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..