Fox Horizon XTR or Fox Rockrunner?

Happyguy73

Hi All,

I have come across some good prices for the above rods but cant seem to see any difference between them.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I am looking for a rod with good bite detection especially in the wind, that will also cast well.

I fish clean to moderate ground mostly.

cheers for any help

Adam

[i use the xtr and find it an excellent rod especialy in the bristol channel the rock runner is more for very rough ground i also own a century and a zziplex and find the xtr is equal two both these rods probably better than century to be honest

[i use the xtr and find it an excellent rod especialy in the bristol channel the rock runner is more for very rough ground i also own a century and a zziplex and find the xtr is equal two both these rods probably better than century to be honest

Cheers Cornwalltangler and Kaneone,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post.

They look like such a bargain and seen them for £99 in a few places. ALmost bought a Penn PPT copperhead here in Ireland the other day but held off to research the foxes more.

I want to buy a pair and have got a pair of Daiwa slosh 20's on order too so deciding on a rod was all that ws holding me back.

They must be relly good rods when you guys rate them so highly against Zziplex and Century.

Next step for me is to do some emailing to see who has some XTR's in stock!

cheers everyone :thumbs:

Adam

Edited by Adamskerritt

To be honest i have (and Had) a number of rods, Diawa's, Penns, Century's, Shakespeare, Conoflex, and Greys ( but , never had a Zippy!)and I am choughed to bits with this Fox XTR, and it is now the first rod I take out of the Cupboard. the quality of the fittings are second to none and i like the finish.

performance wise, i have found it to be right up there with all the top range rods, i have spent a lot of time (and money) trying to find a rod that i'm really happy with and have narrowed it down to two, the Fox and the Greys Syntra, but you will find this out yourself, I feel the fox is a great rod and well worth the RRP let alone the the half price they are asking.

enjoy.

To be honest i have (and Had) a number of rods, Diawa's, Penns, Century's, Shakespeare, Conoflex, and Greys ( but , never had a Zippy!)and I am choughed to bits with this Fox XTR, and it is now the first rod I take out of the Cupboard. the quality of the fittings are second to none and i like the finish.

performance wise, i have found it to be right up there with all the top range rods, i have spent a lot of time (and money) trying to find a rod that i'm really happy with and have narrowed it down to two, the Fox and the Greys Syntra, but you will find this out yourself, I feel the fox is a great rod and well worth the RRP let alone the the half price they are asking.

enjoy.

Thanks Cornwalltangler!

Emailed a few retailers to see who has them in stock and doing some searching online.

Probably going to buy a pair of them if I can. They will be my main rods for all my beach fishing so it will be great to have purchased the right ones.

thanks again for all your help.

tight lines :)

guys

I was just about to order the Fox Horizon and started doing a small bit of post purchase research about the Abu Suveran RX.

I can get this for a good price here in Ireland but I read somewhere on a forum tonight that the Fox Rockrunner blank was the same blank used in the RX? Is this true?

Or is someone just looking at the cosmetically??

I cant find where I read it just now.

I really am torn between the XTR and RX now.

Good choice, abu make good rods, I had the original Suveran sport a few years back, done a bit in the Sea Dangler about it,an excellent rod. also had the Xodus !

main thing is it's a rod that has quality written all over it, hope you have many hours good fishing with it.

Cheers Cornwalltangler,

I had the XTR nearly ordered but then when so many people recommended the suveran RX and it got such good reviews, I started researching it and spoke to a tackle shop about 100 miles from me.

the owner told me how good they were and reckoned they were far superior in quality and casting to alot of other higher priced rods he had in stock and he uses 2 of them himself then to top it off told me he would do it for a good price and courier it me with 48 hours!

Deal done! pairing it with a slosh 20!

am looking forward to using it and will either buy another suveran or another rod for heavier fishing once i can judge how the RX copes with the ground i fish!

thanks a million for all your help too!

Tight lines for the future and hope that everything that tightens them is big! :thumbs:

Just to add to this thread - I fished on Monday with my mate, Dave Barham. Dave's the editor of Boat Fishing Monthly and also used to edit Total Sea Fishing. I asked him for his honest opinion on the Fox sea rods and he told me that they were very good. In fact, he was using one that night.

He's fortunate in that he's probably used just about every sea fishing rod in existence, but he's also a brutally honest bloke, especially when he's talking to a mate. If they were crap, he'd have told me :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE