Canal Fishing

Scatman

Hi,

Has anybody fished these stretches of water. A mate and I thinking about getting a boat and having a weeks fishing.

Are there any pike in this area or would we be best to head to Norfolk?

What other species could we target and any other general info greatly received.

Thanks! :thumbs:

OK. What about lakes in that area. We would be looking for a 3/4 night session, possibly with the use of boats if possible.

Can anyone recommend a lake with a good head of fish?

Thanks again.

Scatman,

The Kennet and Avon between Newbury and Reading is very good fishing, the canal and river sometimes join together. There are definitely pike in there, not sure how big they go though. A lot of lakes in that area are controlled by Reading and District you might want to have a look at their website for lake rules although it must be said night fishing in boats is very unusual.

Ian

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in the posting. If we do not have a boat on the canal for 3/4 nights, we will bivvy on a lake for the duration, with the hope of using a boat for 1/2 days. If we can hire we will if not, we may look in to taking our own if the lake allows.

What does it cost to fish the canals normally?

Scatman,

Day tickets are rare on the stretch I mentioned. RDAA has it all pretty much sown up...you could always join of course :)

Do they allow night fishing? Do they allow boats? Do they allow night fishing in boats? I dunno, you need to read the web site mate, I don't have time to do it for you :)

I don't know much about the Bath/Devizes end of the canal I'm afraid.

Good luck.