Thames Esturary

five bellies

Actually if it was legal size and the angler wanted it for the table then it didn't have to go back. If you feel the need to preach to other anglers try the conservation and politics forum.

Actually if it was legal size and the angler wanted it for the table then it didn't have to go back. If you feel the need to preach to other anglers try the conservation and politics forum.

Sorry stoaty i forgot, this part of the forum does'nt give a s**t about conservation, apologies leon..........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Sorry stoaty i forgot, this part of the forum does'nt give a s**t about conservation, apologies leon..........

Get a grip Stavey,

Most of us do our bit, why create tension by posting such a sweeping statement on a friendly thread ?I havent taken a fish home since December, But I wont critisise some one who has,your policy of returning all is admirable but not manditory and taking such a dogmatic approach just makes you apear chirlish. wich I would like to think is not the case :):)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• 1 month later...

Don't know about freshwater ingress causing poor fishing in Thames. Most of the country had loads of rain, and other rivers don't seem badly affected. I've been sea angling (boat) for over 40yrs in this area, and never known it so bad! 2 years ago i moved my boat from Canvey to the River Crouch. I Think the Crouch is even worse than the Thames. A friend of mine moved his boat from the Crouch to Walton-on-Naze, and tells me the fishing at the moment is very poor! I fished the outer Crouch 3 weeks ago from marks that have produced in the past. I moved three times, 14 hours without one bite! that's a first for me.

Would be interested in any credible theories. I wonder how the commercial fisherman are doing?

Don't know about freshwater ingress causing poor fishing in Thames. Most of the country had loads of rain, and other rivers don't seem badly affected. I've been sea angling (boat) for over 40yrs in this area, and never known it so bad! 2 years ago i moved my boat from Canvey to the River Crouch. I Think the Crouch is even worse than the Thames. A friend of mine moved his boat from the Crouch to Walton-on-Naze, and tells me the fishing at the moment is very poor! I fished the outer Crouch 3 weeks ago from marks that have produced in the past. I moved three times, 14 hours without one bite! that's a first for me.

Would be interested in any credible theories. I wonder how the commercial fisherman are doing?

Loughor estuary, the upper Bristol Channel, Milford Haven and Kidwelly estuary were all effected by the heavy rain fall, they are now picking up again, fish like mackerel did not move inshore onto these marks until very recently. There maybe other factors but heavy rain fall would appear to be the main culprit.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Loughor estuary, the upper Bristol Channel, Milford Haven and Kidwelly estuary were all effected by the heavy rain fall, they are now picking up again, fish like mackerel did not move inshore onto these marks until very recently. There maybe other factors but heavy rain fall would appear to be the main culprit.

I wonder how the commercial fisherman are doing?

The Fishery Officers of the Kent & Essex Sea Fisheries Committee produce reports for each of the quaterly meetings outlining the recent catches of both recreational and commercial fishermen in various parts of the district.

If you contact the clerk, you can probably get copies of the officers' reports.

See: http://www.kentandessex-sfc.co.uk/

(It would be nice to see the papers and minutes etc available electronically on the committee's website - one day perhaps, if there is the demand)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Ken

Hope you are right mate, but i'm not convinced. I'm the last one to be a prophet of doom, but i've seen the quality of fishing in the Thames, Crouch & Blackwater worsen over the last few years. Mullet don't seem to be affected, but the numbers of decent size whiting & bass have definately been less than in previous years We all know that the Tope are down in numbers, but what about the Flatties & Eels? I boat fish regularly throughout the year from venues as far apart as Clacton down to Weymouth.

It seems to me that the Thames area is the worst place to fish! I know that Autumn and Winter have traditionaly been the best times to fish these areas with periods April & May and September being the quietest. But i have never 'blanked' before.

I try to bring this subject up with any local fisherman i meet and have had various theroies put forward from "the stopping of

dumping raw sewage from barges in the Thames Esturay" "Illegal commercial netting" "expanding Seal population" "Global warming" I'll keep fishing till i'm to old to handle my boat, but what's the point if there's no fish?