Wing Lakes - Oakham/Stamford - Catch Report

henda11

well ive just got back from my 2 days fishing a wing lakes, and it was a pretty good 2 days i would say, plenty of little carp around, and plenty of big ones aswell, the lakes were nice and tidy, no rubbish what so ever, although i would say there were to many lily pads in some places on the lakes, but i had a very very good 2 days, i camped at the wing lakes camp site and the lakes were only a 10 minute hike down a hill and or a 2 minute ride in the car,.. the scenary was nice, and the lakes were even better..

on the 1st day fishing was slow, i caught a dozen or so little carp over 1lb but nothing big on that day,

then the 2nd day came along and i tryed a new spot and i used the maggot feeder this time and it came up with a result,

i caught a couple of 7lb common carp on that day along with the smallest mirror carp i have ever seen. also my girlfriend caught her 1st carp even though it wasnt a big 1 she was still pleased.

i would recommend wing lakes as it is in a nice quiet place to fish, there is no rowdy youths to bother you, the place is very very tidy, and its only £6 per night to camp and £5 per day to fish.

here are some pictures.

view.jpg

com11.jpg

com22.jpg

common1.jpg

common2.jpg

common3.jpg

mirror1.jpg

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

na i didnt think to freeline , and the wind kept blowing my waggler off course so i didnt bother, plus i could see 10 or so big carp around the little pads so i casted right just before the lily pads and got the swim going with a maggot feeder, and the carp began taking them, i must of lost 2 or 3 decent sized fish aswell..but its a great venue if you like the quietness and peace

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz