newbee....hi guys

paul123

Hi guys....been thinking about a kayak for a while now,and guess what....today my mate and i bought a tarpon 130t and are going to do a bit of fishing on it.i'm from the swansea area so will be fishing the likes of oxwich,mumbles bay etc.going to go out first with no gear just to get the feel of things,then when we are comfortable,do a spot of fishing.we have bought a couple of lifejackets,2 rod holders,paddles,and have got wetsuits to wear.if you could help me with a couple of things it would be great....

fishfinder.....which 1 and what sort of battery would i need??

how do i fit the rod holders on....is it with self tappers or is there a better way??

vhf....handheld or not??

flushmount rod holders....easy to fit??

tarpon 130t....anyone got 1.....care to let me know what you think

Thanks for now guys and hope to see you out there some time :rolleyes:

Hi guys....been thinking about a kayak for a while now,and guess what....today my mate and i bought a tarpon 130t and are going to do a bit of fishing on it.i'm from the swansea area so will be fishing the likes of oxwich,mumbles bay etc.going to go out first with no gear just to get the feel of things,then when we are comfortable,do a spot of fishing.we have bought a couple of lifejackets,2 rod holders,paddles,and have got wetsuits to wear.if you could help me with a couple of things it would be great....

fishfinder.....which 1 and what sort of battery would i need??

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_Fishfinder.htm

how do i fit the rod holders on....is it with self tappers or is there a better way??

NO! either SS marine grade bolts with nylok nuts or purpose made rivets

vhf....handheld or not??

YES! handheld,ICOM are a good brand

flushmount rod holders....easy to fit??

YES!

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_FlushMount.html

tarpon 130t....anyone got 1.....care to let me know what you think

Thanks for now guys and hope to see you out there some time :rolleyes:

Good Luck on the Gower :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph