triggers at oxwich

:thumbs: Fished oxwich wreck on fri had my first trigger fish,well 3 to 2 1/2lb what a fight also had small pollock and mackerel. there were 3 lads on a warrior 165 they couldn't fail they must have had at least 40 triggers,all in all a great session

Nice one Jer sounds like you had a great session , What bait where using ?

I went to Oxwich on Sunday with live sand eel, It was way to windy to fish and I launched anyway like a dickhead just cause I had travelled an bought the bait.

Ended up regretting that as I spent 20mins trying to get in safely stuck in the rip paddling against the wind :schmoll:

Had a VHF and inshore pack on the yak in case thing went really wrong , if anyone reading this hasn't got that kit get it, you'll pay anything for it when you need it. Luckily I didn't need it yesterday but it was close.

Wont be making that mistake again :blink:

Nice one Jer sounds like you had a great session , What bait where using ?

I went to Oxwich on Sunday with live sand eel, It was way to windy to fish and I launched anyway like a dickhead just cause I had travelled an bought the bait.

Ended up regretting that as I spent 20mins trying to get in safely stuck in the rip paddling against the wind :schmoll:

Had a VHF and inshore pack on the yak in case thing went really wrong , if anyone reading this hasn't got that kit get it, you'll pay anything for it when you need it. Luckily I didn't need it yesterday but it was close.

Wont be making that mistake again :blink:

i was using lug or small strips of squid,sounds like you had a lucky escape,was the sea rough.what yak you got.

i was using lug or small strips of squid,sounds like you had a lucky escape,was the sea rough.what yak you got.

It was just to windy, NW off shore breeze out going tide my fault must of been a rush sh*t to the brain mixed with a desperation to fish :wallbash:

Edited by *Blaze*
It was just to windy, NW off shore breeze out going tide my fault must of been a rush sh*t to the brain mixed with a desperation to fish :wallbash:

i know what you meen sometimes you feel you got go,and oxwich is usually sheltered .